A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Halama:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Halama is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Halama
Eating Disorders Patient Education Read all about treatments and doctors to see for various eating disorders by reading our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Halama Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Halama, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Halama graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Halama has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Brookwood Medical Center
- St. Vincent's East
- Shelby Baptist Emergency Department
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William H Halama MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. William H. Halama practice?
- Dr. William Halama has 1 office location.
Dr. William Halama practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Internists and Birmingham Gastroenterologists.