Dr. William Hamstra DO Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2016
Outstanding surgeon and exceptional Doctor.
Dr Hamstra performed surgery on my son after his appendix ruptured. He took the time to talk us through the procedure, possible risks and what actions they would take if problems occurred. The surgery was a success despite the complications created when the appendix ruptured. Post surgery he stay closely involved with our son and helped my wife and I when we had questions or concerns. I would choose him for anyone in my family or myself in the future. Exceptional surgeon, outstanding manner and outstanding character. What a Doctor should be.

April 30th, 2015
Dr Hamstra and his staff are great people. Good friends too Makes a difference. Terrific!

May 8th, 2012
ER Visit
I was taken to the ER, after a CT Dr Hamstra found the problem and promptly took action. Very impressed by himMohit

May 3rd, 2012
Very glad I chose Dr. Hamstra
Ok, so I had not ever needed surgery prior to this one but Dr. Hamstra made it a very successful one. His staff is professional, attentive and on the ball. He's a no nonsense doctor who explains things clearly and fully. The surgery went well so there was no need to visit me in during the overnight hospital stay so that's the reason for a 3 on the Bedside Manner rating, but I'm sure he would have set a high rating for that as well. Very positive experience and outcome.

April 27th, 2012
Surprise, Surprise!!!
I had emergency surgery and Dr. Hamstra was my surgen. You hear horror stories about how you are just a number but Dr. Hamstra changed that perception quickly. He really cares about your well being. He spends time explaining the options and issues. He gives you time for your questions. He visited me twice in one day. Once at 1pm and another at 9pm following a long day of surgery just to make sure I was ok. He is one of a kind. I highly recommend him.

October 30th, 2011
excellent overall care
My recent personal experience with Hamstra and his staff was excellent. My surgery was complicated by a bleeding condition. Everything went well, and he spent all the time needed for pre-op and follow up care, in addition to a flawless surgery. He has excellent verbal skills in explaining what to expect, and I am pleased with the outcome.His staff did an excellent job of coordinating the extra steps needed for my surgery. Courteous and Professional.

August 10th, 2011
I met Dr. Hamstra in the emergency room. What a blessing to have such a caring and professional surgeon. He explained exactly what needed to be done, and, in the middle of the night, performed excellently. Follow up visits at his office are thorough and explanations are complete. His compassion and medical expertise are superb. I recommend Dr. Hamstra to everyone.

February 17th, 2011
Best doctor...ever?

October 6th, 2010
My Angel

July 31st, 2010
Tayfamily
Dr. Hamstra operated on my Father-in-law about 6 months ago and my mother-in-law required surgery just last month to save her life. Dr. Hamstra was caring and professional. He truly cares for his patients. He utilizes the latest technology in robotic surgery when he can and that reduced healing time tremendously. We love Dr. Hamstra, he is forever our family surgeon.

April 7th, 2009
Dr. Hamstra is a very caring, skilled surgeon and goes out of his way to be helpful. He makes himself available and always returns your phone calls in a very timely manner.

February 1st, 2017