Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. Yahoo.
by Bill Donaldson on Apr 29th, 2015

Dr Hamstra and his staff are great people. Good friends too Makes a difference. Terrific!

Oct 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Hamstra is an excellent surgeon As a new patient I did not have to wait for getting a schedule. He is excellent in what he do . I have my gall bladder removed, I feel great , and have a good recovery.. I highly recommend him.

May 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Not only is Dr. Hamstra a very skilled surgeon, his personality made me feel very much at ease. The result was a very successful procedures regardless of the fact that he had to deal with some complicated adhesions from previous surgeries.

Apr 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Hamstra is a caring professional. He is also very talented in diagnosing the issue/problem. All around good doctor.

Mar 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Hamstra listens! A rare quality I love!

Mar 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Hamstra is an excellent physician. He is thorough and clear when he explains his procedures for treatment. I am very pleased with his care and would recommend him to my family and friends.

Mar 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I felt very privileged to be under Dr. Hamstra's care. He has the hands of a surgeon, and approaches his work with great care, diligence and professionalism,,, not too mention his propensity to tell a corny joke or two. Very privileged indeed.

Feb 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Hamstra is one of the most skilled and respected surgeons in the Tri-Valley area and beyond. I regard his careful and thorough work during my most recent surgery to have been life-saving. He is also as caring a physician as you will ever meet.

Feb 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

From the first time I met him I felt safe and secure. I can't thank you enough for how you made my family and I feel. Thank you.

Feb 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Hamstra is professional and an extremely knowledgeable surgeon. He was compassionate when I received my Colon Cancer diagnosis. He surgically removed my cancer and saved my life! I highly recommend his care and staff!!

Feb 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It's nice to have a Doctor that takes the time to answer all of your questions, give you all of the options, and follow up on how you are doing. Great bedside manner, and shows true concern for you. Easy to talk with, and a comforting in his responses.

Jan 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have used Hamstra in the past for a Hernia operation, he did a great job then and so I went back to him again. He is a great doctor and has actually helped a few others in my family as well with varying procedures. His staff is always helpful and fast.

ER Visit show details ER Visit
May 8th, 2012

I was taken to the ER, after a CT Dr Hamstra found the problem and promptly took action. Very impressed by himMohit

Very glad I chose Dr. Hamstra show details Very glad I chose Dr. Hamstra
May 3rd, 2012

Ok, so I had not ever needed surgery prior to this one but Dr. Hamstra made it a very successful one. His staff is professional, attentive and on the ball. He's a no nonsense doctor who explains things clearly and fully. The surgery went well so there was no need to visit me in during the overnight hospital stay so that's the reason for a 3 on the Bedside Manner rating, but I'm sure he would have set a high rating for that as well. Very positive experience and outcome.

Surprise, Surprise!!! show details Surprise, Surprise!!!
Apr 27th, 2012

I had emergency surgery and Dr. Hamstra was my surgen. You hear horror stories about how you are just a number but Dr. Hamstra changed that perception quickly. He really cares about your well being. He spends time explaining the options and issues. He gives you time for your questions. He visited me twice in one day. Once at 1pm and another at 9pm following a long day of surgery just to make sure I was ok. He is one of a kind. I highly recommend him.

excellent overall care show details excellent overall care
Oct 29th, 2011

My recent personal experience with Hamstra and his staff was excellent. My surgery was complicated by a bleeding condition. Everything went well, and he spent all the time needed for pre-op and follow up care, in addition to a flawless surgery. He has excellent verbal skills in explaining what to expect, and I am pleased with the outcome.His staff did an excellent job of coordinating the extra steps needed for my surgery. Courteous and Professional.

Aug 10th, 2011

I met Dr. Hamstra in the emergency room. What a blessing to have such a caring and professional surgeon. He explained exactly what needed to be done, and, in the middle of the night, performed excellently. Follow up visits at his office are thorough and explanations are complete. His compassion and medical expertise are superb. I recommend Dr. Hamstra to everyone.

Tayfamily show details Tayfamily
Jul 30th, 2010

Dr. Hamstra operated on my Father-in-law about 6 months ago and my mother-in-law required surgery just last month to save her life. Dr. Hamstra was caring and professional. He truly cares for his patients. He utilizes the latest technology in robotic surgery when he can and that reduced healing time tremendously. We love Dr. Hamstra, he is forever our family surgeon.

Apr 7th, 2009

Dr. Hamstra is a very caring, skilled surgeon and goes out of his way to be helpful. He makes himself available and always returns your phone calls in a very timely manner.

Sep 9th, 2006 on yahoo.com

EXCELLENT CARE!: Professional, compassionate, caring, knowledghable... cute!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com