Dr. William Hanavan MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Portage, MI

• Good
  • Bad

December 18th, 2014
He's a nice guy but getting an appointment requires multiple (unreturned) phone calls. He provided zero follow up after endoscopy that found stomach nodules. I had to request my own pathology report from Bronson just to get results. He referred me to his partner who he said " would answer questions" and when I had that procedure it left me with a partial esophageal perforation, severe throat pain, swallowing problems and no clue what my additional biopsy results were. When I called their office for follow up they didn't bother to call back. They NEVER actually answer the phone. You can only leave messages. Oh, and after surgery to remove stomach nodules they sent me home with NO pain med prescription. A nightmare, start to finish.

October 28th, 2013
wonderful clinician
Has been my doctor for nearly 30 years and I've always found him to be helpful, courteous, friendly and understanding. He has a gentle kind manner and even when overworked (on call/up many hours) still takes his time. Sometimes difficult to get a timely app't through app't desk but if you talk with his medical assistants, they will help facilitate or provide information as to how to manage until app't time is available

September 16th, 2011
Perhaps he was having a bad day, but I was beyond disappointed with Dr. Hanavan's bedside manner. He treated me as though I was wasting his time, even though I had been referred to him via another specialist. He was incredibly rude. I will never go back to visit him again nor would I ever recommend him.

May 21st, 2015