Internist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dr. Wael Harb, Oncologist show details Dr. Wael Harb, Oncologist
by Rita F. Biederstedt on Apr 22nd, 2016

I would and have highly recommended Dr. Harb to friends and family. I would not trust my oncology treatment to anyone else. I fully trust him and believe him to be up-to-date on the latest methods of cancer treatment. As one patient said, I feel I would have lived at least two years longer if I had come to Dr. Harb in the beginning of my cancer treatment. Two of my regular physicians ranked him as the best. I have seen people live longer and live well under his treatment. My family and I are so thankful to Dr. Harb for his excellent care during my breast cancer treatments. If I have to wait extra minutes before my appointment, that is the least of my worries. I go to a doctor for diagnosis and treatment, not for a prompt appointment.

Oct 10th, 2015

I recently was referred to him for possible leukemia. Once leukemia was ruled out, he didn't sign off on my case. Rather, he kept me on massive doses of steroids for 5 months. He never worked to fix my illness, just treated the symptoms by making me get blood work every few weeks, then tweaking the steroid dose based on my numbers. He never mentioned taking me off steroids either. It's almost as if since I wasn't an "official" oncology patient, he didn't care. I was referred to a different oncologist in the area who was shocked at the way I was being treated by Dr. Harb. The new doctor found the root cause of my problem within days and worked to resolve it.

Feb 12th, 2015

The Best Doctor for oncology. he knows how much And how long Therapy you will need. Service from all the staff is great

by Marsha Griner on Jan 13th, 2014

Dr. Harb is the most wonderful Dr. in the world. He cares about you as a person, not kickbacks and profit. He spends time talking with you and asking pertinent questions. He is very knowledgeable and you won't find a better health care provider than Dr. Harb.

Oct 30th, 2013

I think he is the best.

horrible......would never go to this physician show details horrible......would never go to this physician
Nov 21st, 2011

My mom was diagnosed with gall bladder cancer and her doctor was Dr.Harb. His motto was quality of life not quantity which went against what my mom wanted. More than anything she wanted to live! In the room that she got her chemo in there was an hourglass on the shelf! How completely insensitive! Also my mom lost her hair and wore a wig and his comment to her was "see i told you you wouldnt lose your hair!" That summed up how involved he was in his patients! My mom lost her battle 8 months after her diagnosis and i wish during her battle she c ould have had a caring doctor that listened to her needs! I am so grateful to this website because i have wanted to speak my mind for a long time! God forbid I ever need an oncologist but if one day I do it most def will NOT be Dr. Harb

Frustrating care show details Frustrating care
Sep 7th, 2011

I've been a patient of this physician for a few years, and it has been a constant frustration. Repeated misdiagnoses that cost me thousands of dollars in needless care, misreading of my chart, and general lack of engagement, and office visit wait times that often exceed 45 minutes.