Urologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Bad experience with this doctor  |  show details
by Leslie on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Haren was 'on duty' in the ER when I presented with pain in 2000. He diagnosed (correctly) an adenocarcinoma on my right kidney and wanted to do the operation himself (and very quickly). While he removed my tumor, he always refused to show me my x-rays or explain the surgery - when I went to pick up the x-rays at the hospital, there was a note clipped to it saying "surgical mistake" - he promptly threw it away, compounding my fears. Did not stitch my 'insides' to my 'outsides' properly - stitching gave way, I now have horrible muscle spasms, back problems, etc. The last time I had to wait in his office I waited over TWO hours - I was the only one sitting in the reception room, while the rest of the staff was having a birthday party in the back. After a 2-hr. wait, I left - and they still tried to charge me for an office visit that I "missed." I'd recommend Dr. Glass, but never Dr. Haren. When I complained that I couldn't sit or stand more than about 45 minutes, he flipped off "well, you can always wear a binder." WTH? Not such a good bedside manner.

|  show details
May 16th, 2011

Dr. Haren removed my prostate that was cancerous. He did an excellent job, visited me in the hospital late at night and the next day 2 times and I found his care and manner to be outstanding. I would (and have) recommended him to my friends.

|  No time for patients  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2010

Doctor doesn't take time to listen or explain test results, rationale for surgeries or patient post-surgical needs.Would not recommend unless you are willing to do what doctor says and not ask questions.