A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Heeringa:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Heeringa is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heeringa
Colonoscopy Patient Education Guide Read all about colonoscopy examinations and tests with Vitals colonoscopy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Heeringa Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Heeringa, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Heeringa graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Heeringa has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St Mary's Mercy Medical Center
- Spectrum Health Blodgett Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Gene Heeringa MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. William G. Heeringa practice?
- Dr. William Heeringa has 1 office location.
Dr. William Heeringa practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Grand Rapids, MI.
See Grand Rapids Internists and Grand Rapids Gastroenterologists.