Dr. William Hefley Jr MD, PA Patient Reviews

• Bad

January 25th, 2017
Great

January 13th, 2016
I have been very happy with the care I received from Dr Hefley and Kenny. They have treated my knee for the last several months. Always kind and Melia and Jackie (his nurses) are excellent.
Doctor's Response

Dear Sydney, We are glad to hear you have had such a great experience with us. Thank you for the kind words about me and my staff. I will be sure to pass the compliments along. Sincerely, Dr. Bill Hefley, Jr.

January 13th, 2016
Great doctor. Super staff.
Doctor's Response

Dear Vitals Guest, Thank you for the 5 stars and for taking the time to leave a review. Sincerely, Dr. Bill Hefley, Jr.

January 13th, 2016
Dr Hefley and his PA have treated my family for many years. We have always been pleased with the care received by Dr Hefley and his entire staff at OrthoSurgeons. They are all very caring and compassionate.
Doctor's Response

Dear Vitals Guest, We thank you for the kind compliments and for choosing us at OrthoSurgeons and Arkansas Surgical Hospital. We will be sure to pass the comments onto our staff. Thank you for the review. Sincerely, Dr. Bill Hefley, Jr.

October 19th, 2015
Great doctor and did a wonderful job on my ACL reconstruction. My Physical Therapist is very impressed with my fast recovery and progress and how great my scars look.
Doctor's Response

Dear Reba, I'm happy to hear you are having a quick recovery and hope you continue to do so. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sincerely, Dr. Bill Hefley, Jr.

October 18th, 2015
Once fooled.
Dr. Hefley did a hip replacement on me. Other than the morning after surgery, I never saw him again, only staff. I had some complications that were brushed aside without concern. Would never use him again.
Doctor's Response

Dear Vitals Guest, Thanks for taking the time to review our performance. We appreciate hearing both what we did well, and also understanding where we did not meet or exceed your expectation. My highly-trained orthopedic team and I have worked together for years. This includes a Registered Nurse and Physician Assistant. Usually at least two team members see you each day while in the hospital. My joint replacement patients typically stay in the hospital one or two nights and I see my patients the morning after surgery. If the nurse or PA sees the patient early the following day, they write the discharge order at that time and the patient may leave before I come by. Of course, if the patient needs to stay longer they do. I do a large number of hip and knee replacements each week. My team, the staff at Arkansas Surgical Hospital and I work very hard to get the best possible outcome for each patient. We have developed techniques and protocols that deliver predictable exceptional results. Together, we achieve a very low complication rate and take all concerns voiced by patients seriously and address them immediately. The excellent results and low complication rate are evidenced in the consistently high ratings we achieve each year from nationally recognized rating systems. We regret that you felt you had unmet needs. Hopefully you had an excellent surgical result and are enjoying pain-free mobility afforded by your new hip. Sincerely, Dr. Bill Hefley, Jr.

September 18th, 2015
Dr. Hefley has repaired both shoulders during the past 10 months and I couldn't be more pleased with his work and results of the surgeries. Dr. Hefley and his staff created a comfortable atmosphere and eased any concerns prior to my surgeries. And a special thanks for the care I received from the Arkansas Surgical Hospital.
Doctor's Response

Dear Gerald, Thanks for the kind words about our staff at OrthoSurgeons and Arkansas Surgical Hospital. Reducing anxiety and maximizing your comfort are top priority for us. Glad your shoulders are working well again. Sincerely, Dr. Bill Hefley Jr.

September 18th, 2015
ASH is by far the best in hospital care. I would compare the attention given to that of a great cruise ship! Staff was there promptly when called but there often enough that using bedside call button was rarely accessed.
Doctor's Response

Dear Vitals Guest, Thank you for your review. Our hospital has been compared to a spa and a country club before, but this is the first time we've been compared to a cruise ship. Glad you were please with your experience. Sincerely, Dr. Bill Hefley Jr.

December 12th, 2014
My biggest complaint is waiting 2-4 hours after your appointment time to be seen

September 9th, 2014
Knee Replacement Surgery
Dr. Hefley performed borth of my knee replacements. I was able to return to my teaching position quickly and with little to no pain.

April 8th, 2014
Prima Donna surgeon
Dr. Hefley may indeed be God's gift to orthopedic surgery. There is no question in his mind but that he is. Most office visits are with his Physician Assistants. Dr. Hefley only sees the patient when he needs to "sell" the procedure, and he is quite the salesman. After surgery don't expect to see him, or very much of anyone else, regardless of complications. Dr. Hefley seems to believe that he is such an exceptional technician that he need not have any concern or compassion for his patient. Sorry, Doc, you're not that good, and it takes more than that to be a real physician.

July 3rd, 2017