A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Highlander:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Highlander is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Highlander
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Highlander Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Highlander, MD is board certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Highlander graduated from Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Highlander has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
- Southampton Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Howard Highlander MD is a male Neurologist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Neurology, Psychiatry, and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. William H. Highlander practice?
- Dr. William Highlander has 3 office locations.
Dr. William Highlander practices Neurology, Psychiatry, and Sleep Medicine near Franklin, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Chesapeake, VA and Culpeper, VA.
See Franklin Neurologists and Franklin Psychiatrists.