2.5

He should not be allowed to see clients. show details He should not be allowed to see clients.
by DP on Nov 7th, 2015

This man is absolutely set in his ways. He had the nerve to tell me that I need structure and that I needed to get out more. I told him that I would love to get out more because it helps, but my meds weren't working enough to make me ready for other people. He tried to push all these horrible drugs on me. I tried to tell him that I was stable on an injection a while back, and that all my symptoms went away. He said he didn't "believe in Injections" and that he doesn't like the oral medication I am on. Like literally he just never like those meds, even though I was stable. He refused to prescribe Me the meds that already worked because he didn't like them. He had a god complex and thinks he knows you better than you. He is uptight , snobby, and never repeat never listens to his patients. He wasted 8 months of my life, and never got me better. He may be the rudest, stuck up, useless doctor I have ever met. Please run.

Aug 28th, 2015

Have trouble with refills, staff seems t not have enough time to deal with patients. I have ran out of my medication waiting for the office to get authorization for refills a couple of times.

Stay away. Find someone else. show details Stay away. Find someone else.
Jul 16th, 2015

I'll sum up your appointment with Dr. Holcomb: "How do you rate your scale of loneliness over the past week on a scale of 1-10?" [you answer] "Yeah, I hear ya, I hear ya. How do you rate your scale of depression over the past week on a scale of 1-10?" [You answer] 'Yeah, I hear ya, I hear ya. How do you rate...." This continues for 5-6 questions, he ignores all of your questions and concerns, prescribes you Effexor and chases you out of his office. This is, of course, after seeing you almost a hour late for a half hour appointment. He does not listen to his patients' concerns, he does not answer questions, and then will try to diagnose you with worse things if you try to argue with him. Not worth the fact that he takes insurance. Pay out the nose for a non-insurance shrink and go that route. This guy cares more about his dog than his patients.

The Best--gave me back my life. show details The Best--gave me back my life.
Jan 23rd, 2014

Many doctors give up on people my age but not Dr. Holcolm. He diligently worked on my meds until we found a combination that works. After being miss diagnosed and miss medicated it was refreshing to say the least to regain my trust and respect for the medical (psy.) community.

RUN AWAY show details RUN AWAY
Apr 10th, 2013

TERRIBLE. Never again!

Absolutely worthless show details Absolutely worthless
Apr 7th, 2013

Run away as fast as you can. He is absolutely the most unprofessional and worthless doctor. As another individual had mentioned, all he does is ask the 1-10 "how does this make you feel" questions and goes on with his day. He does not care in the least about his patients or their well being. He simply wants you in out as fast as possible so can collect his paycheck.

by CL on Jan 18th, 2013

I would not recommend this man to anyone who is seeking help for post traumatic stress/depression caused by any sexual attacks. He wouldn't listen to me when I said the meds weren't working. Even when I called during a panic attack, he wouldn't even consider changing my meds. He wanted me to go to intensive group therapy, but I told him I'm too introverted to do something that forces you to speak. I asked about other group therapy where I could sit back and listen until I was ready to speak and he kept saying I need to go to the intensive group. The statues in his office made me vary uncomfortable because of what I was seeing him for. They were all very sexual. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Absolutely terrible. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE show details Absolutely terrible. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
Jul 16th, 2012

Completely unprofessional. Does not listen to his patients. Breaks client confidentiality. Does not care about his patients. ALL HE DOES IS ASK THOSE WORTHLESS 1-10 scale "how does this make you feel" questions and leaves it at that. He believes powerful drugs are the end all cure all overlooking any possible side effects they may have. I would trust anyone before I put my trust in him. All he does is steal money from people while making them worse off than before they had met him.

No problems show details No problems
Feb 17th, 2012

I like him, will see him again then ask me, but overall first impression he was good! Made me feel like I'm not insane or stupid!

Nov 2nd, 2011

I was very unhappy with my appointment with Dr. Holcomb and will not be returning.

Very poor physician show details Very poor physician
Sep 16th, 2010

Dr. Holcomb thinks nothing of violating confidentiality. When challenged on an outright violation of patient rights, he shrugs his shoulders. Completely lacking an ability to take responsibility for his own actions and patently unaware of his responsibilities as a physician operating within the field of psychiatry.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse