A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Holman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Holman is Poor.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Holman
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Holman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Holman, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Bacterial Infections
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Failure
- Heart Transplantation
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Myocardial Infarction
- Myocardial Reperfusion Injury
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
- Ventricular Fibrillation
Education & Awards
Dr. Holman graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Holman has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Uab Medical West
- UAB Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William L Holman MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. William L. Holman practice?
- Dr. William Holman has 1 office location.
Dr. William Holman practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Surgeons.