Internist, Cardiologist (heart)
Video profile

3.0

Mar 18th, 2015

First time with Dr. Hong. I was not impressed with him at all.. He mumbles and constant yessing with out me either asking a question. I will not go back to this Dr. He has not clue what is going on.

Jun 25th, 2014

I was Dr. William Hong’s patient for about six years, was dissatisfied with him and switched to another doctor. I would not consider him proactive in patient’s care. On the contrary, I felt that the manner of his delivery of service favoring expediency rather that benefits and well being of the patient. Two events with me as examples: 1. My stress test with Dr. Hong lasted less than 5 minutes. It stopped after first increase of pace and slope. The report showed that I had mild hardening of the artery. When I asked him for more info/advice, I was only told that the hardening of the artery was mild due to aging. I was concerned and went to another cardiologist with the report for a second opinion. I was told that the stress test should normally proceed further and probably further tests should be done. Advice/instructions should be given to me to avoid worsening of the condition. 2. I experienced discomfort at my lower back with occasional dull pain. X-ray report ordered by Dr. Hong indicated “….thoracic spine shows degenerative change, multiple small antererior asteophytes , small disc space narrowing diffusely….” When I asked him for instructions what should I do, none was given except explanation of the cause (aging) and taking pain medication as needed. Not long after I switched to another doctor, my back condition worsened. New x-ray report showed my back with 5 L-discs with severe degenerated disc disease and 2-T discs with degenerated disc disease. I was referred to specialists for rehabilitation. Doctor Hong is very polite and pleasant person. He would be a good doctor for healthy persons with regular checkup, etc. I would not recommend him to anybody with health issues.

May 30th, 2012

excellent and very caring

Mariearie show details Mariearie
Apr 19th, 2012

Dr. Hong is a very knowlegable doctor and also a very caring doctor. He takes his time and explains everything to you. He will answer your questions and not rush you out of the office. I've been his patient for about 20 yrs.