A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Hood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hood
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Hood Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Hood, FACC, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Hood graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Hood has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Washington County Hospital - Hagerstown
- Meritus Medical Center
- Washington County Hospital Assn
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Stephen Hood FACC and MD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. William S. Hood practice?
- Dr. William Hood has 1 office location.
Dr. William Hood practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Hagerstown, MD.
See Hagerstown Internists and Hagerstown Cardiologists.