Dr. William Hooten MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

September 27th, 2014
Mr.
I was just reading the negative comments on this page. I have dealt with Dr. Hooten for several years now due to chronic back pain and have found him to be the best of the best. Yes, he does ask questions, he is does want to get to know you, he is very soft spoken, very caring, very gentle, very intelligent and has literally saved my life. Although I cannot speak for others I too am a graduate of PRC and have stayed in touch with several other alumni of PRC and they too have been successful. I feel Dr. Hooten lays it on the line, is honest, says is as it is and some just don't like that. Some individuals want to remain in their pain cycle and be left there to waste their lives whining, so Dr. Hooten would not match that philosophy. If you want a doctor who will give you what you want he is not the one, he is the one if you want the become healthy, successful and accountable. GREAT DOCTOR, GREAT HOSPITAL, GREAT TO COUN HIM AS MY DOCTOR and I have had over 15 back surgeries in the past.

September 30th, 2013
Not all MDs created equal
While this physician is highly educated does not guarantee his success with patients. I have never ever felt more uncomfortable in an exam room! He has miss quoted imformation to both myself and others and so has his nurse! I went back the second time , and felt even more uncomfortable. I have requested a different physician for this same reason as of yet this ha sent happened! I would not recomend this physician to anyone!!!!

July 23rd, 2013
Patient
The worst I've sceen in 50 years, horrible horrible Dr. He made me feel like I was on a whiteness stand in a court room. The feeling I got with this guy is get away from him as fast as possible, go the thef way. I'm a pain patient at Mayo . He spent my whole appointment talking about which pharmarcy I take my prescription to and why. That's none of his business where I take my business. I use the mayo mail out pharmacy, they mail the prescriptions themselves to my mail box. I live in the country so that way during winter I don't need to drive on ice and snow.

May 12th, 2011
Dr. Hooten has saved my life
I have found Dr. Hooten to be the most caring and helpful physician I have encountered. He accurately diagnosed my condition immediately and has worked with me to find the right combination of meds and therapy to help me tolerate my condition and still maintain as normal a life as possible. I see him for ongoing care and attended the PRC 3-week program. I found the Program to be excellent. However, I was not as impressed by the some of the other professional staff in the PRC 3-week program, and I felt that the overall approach of the program was somewhat predetermined and unresponsive to individual needs, concerns and issues.

April 20th, 2011
DOES NOT LISTEN.. DICTATES.
I encountered Dr. Hooten at PRC (pain rehabilitation clinic) supposedly he's the director and highly credentialed. He may have a lot of board affiliations and may SEEM like it would be a good choice DON'T BE FOOLED. While attending PRC for three weeks they decided that they were going to take me off of ALL of my medications and when I was late everyday and couldn't keep my mouth shut the regular testing they do on EVERY PATIENT THAT ENTERS THE PROGRAM to test for ADD/ADHD and memory and attention span was CANCELED. I went to learn new ways to live with chronic pain because I hated taking medication for pain daily. In turn I got a whole lot more than I bargained for. I was so AFRAID of doctors when I left there that it took me 6 months to go get a regular doctor and it had been more than a year since my labs were drawn and I should be getting them every three months. When I FINALLY found a psychiatrist after my ordeal (she is very highly recommended and is a neuro-psychiatrist) she told me it was a crime to take someone like me off medication. She promptly wrote me a script for my two medications and at followup said I was a completely different person! I would steer clear of hooten if I were u!