inactive

William P Horst MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

October 14th, 2015
My dad is a VA patient and was at a transitional care facility. 88 y/o, wheelchair, oxygen. Only staying long enough to see Dr. Horst so he could have his catheter out that has been in for over 2 weeks. The hospitalist said he wanted a urologist to take it out. After this appointment my dad was looking forward to going home. My mom and dad were also looking forward to getting some answers from dr Horst about why he is anemic. My mom doesn't hear well so my sister wanted to go in the room with them. Dr horsts nurse would not allow her to do so. My dad and mom requested dr Horst call me in Bozeman since I'm a nurse to help them understand their appointment, but he refused to do so. Once Dr. Horst found out my dad was going to have further treatment in Helena at the VA he terminated my dads appointment and didn't treat him at all! Didn't even address his catheter nor take it out, was supposed to come out 5 days ago! Very poor customer service not only by the doctor but also his nurse. Is this how we treat our veterans?

May 18th, 2013
UNPROFESSIONAL - if I could give him a negative rating I would!
If you are shopping for a urologist, look elsewhere NOW! Members of his office staff are rude and inefficient - it took forever to get paperwork from them that we needed to complete before an appointment would be scheduled. When the appointment was finally scheduled, we waited for over an hour and a half in the office before we were seen. The receptionist remarked "Yeah - tons of people today just couldn't pee - it's like an epidemic today." When we were finally seen, this guy was a total joke. He was making inappropriate comments throughout the entire appointment and failed to answer any of our questions. He used a lot of "filler" language such as "well, you know." No - I don't know - I came to YOU for help. His bedside manner is disgusting - he is rude and unprofessional and I would NEVER go back.

November 5th, 2012
Very rude person!!! Never go back!!!

April 17th, 2009
This man could be dangerous
Dr. Horst told us our son's undescended testes were just retractile for 5 years, until I pushed the issue. He finally did surgery on 1 side, said he found a "Big old hernia", which was why testis was undescended. Was terrible on follow-through so we sought 2nd opinion. Despite telling me of hernia, and second Dr. finding evidence internally of failed attempt to fix one, Horst wrote in surgical notes that "no hernia was found". HE LIED. Our new Dr. spent 3+ hours repairing surgical damage and scarring Horst did to my 5-year old son, before easily and simply correcting hernia and testis on other side. Thank God Horst did not do both sides first time. My son could be sterile because of him!