A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Hovland:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Hovland is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Hovland, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Bronchopneumonia (Aspiration Pneumonia)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hovland graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Hovland has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Careplex Hospital
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William N Hovland MD is a male Internist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine.
- Where does Dr. William N. Hovland practice?
- Dr. William Hovland has 2 office locations.
Dr. William Hovland practices Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine near Norfolk, VA.
See Norfolk Internists and Norfolk Geriatric Doctors.