Overall Review

September 29th, 2016
Best Doctor in the panhandle
The staff is always nice and it's such a comfortable atmosphere. Dr.Howe always has the anecdote to the problem. I would go to any other Doctor.

June 22nd, 2016
Incompetent doctor and staff
I wouldn't go back here even for the removal of a splinter

October 18th, 2015
Dr. Howe has been my doctor for over 20 years. He is concerned, friendly and always correct. I would recommend Dr. Howe to anyone who needs a family doctor.

April 20th, 2015
He diagnosed me with strep throat and proceeded to give me samples from his drug reps that's all he ever gives out as samples from his drug reps

April 23rd, 2014
Poor Care & Unprofessional
This Doctor is, in my opinion, unfit to remain a healthcare professional and obviously has no interest in the well-being of his patients beyond the few moments of time he allows them during an office visit. (Note, should you make an appointment with him, be prepared to wait 90+ minutes prior to actually seeing the doctor.) As a long-term (19 years) patient, one would expect a simple returned phone call after being released from the ER and calling his office multiple times with questions regarding continued symptoms and pain. After a full business day without a single returned phone call, the patient was again rushed to the ER and hospitalized...It is important to note that, after 30+ hours, this physician still could not find 5 minutes to return the patient's messages that were left prior to hospitalization. When this doctor was called to be notified of the situation and the disappointment of his care, the response was that he "doesn't always have time to get back to people" and they should take themselves to the ER if they feel like they need to go. This clearly demonstrates the level of patient care and commitment of this physician and his staff. Please note, the initial calls to the doctor were merely to find if the level of pain and symptoms were "normal" and were made to the doctor's office mid-week, during office hours. Patient was advised by office staff that "the patient file was sitting on the doctor's desk" as of 8:30 a.m. and that "the doctor would call as soon as possible."

May 24th, 2013
he is a flaming idiot !!

April 13th, 2012
Good listener; takes his time with you.

January 27th, 2011
OK Doctor will be RUINED by TERRIBLE office staff
Dr. Howe has a great old-school bedside manner and appears to be concerned about his patients.Here's the bad part. His office staff is rude and very difficult to deal with. I spent SIX WEEKS with a horrible acute pain issue and have repeatedly called the office to try to get an appointment. I have repeatedly been denied access to the doctor. Finally after waiting several weeks for an appointment i was sent for Xrays. I called back 3 days later to see if I could get the results. I was told that the Dr had the report from the radiologist and that he would call me back later that day.Three days after that I went to the office and asked about the radiology report. I was again refused an appointment by the receptionist, Angela, who then proceeded to pull my file out of the filing shelf and told me that the radiologist report said that I have normal disc degenerative disease and that the Dr probably would not see me until after I had an MRI. She then further informed me that in her opinion he would probably just refer me to pain management. Now, not only has Angela refused to get me an appointment in a reasonable amount of time, but she has also taken it upon herself to interpret medical reports and offer a prognosis on behalf of the Dr whom she will not allow me to see.If you value compassionate, prompt care...STAY AWAY FROM THIS OFFICE!!