Dr. William Isbell MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 8th, 2017
My family loves Dr. Isbell - Heidi Seitz
My husband, my son and I have all had Dr. Isbell as our surgeon. He has been, hands down, the best man for the job!! He puts his patients at ease with his wonderful bedside manner and truly cares about each person he sees. We have all had superb outcomes with our shoulder and knee surgeries. And as repeat "customers" we are obviously beyond satisfied with our care.

June 7th, 2017
Botched shoulder reconstruction
As a direct and proximate result of a shoulder operation by Dr. William M. Isbell, I have endured Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, a neurological pain syndrome, for the last 11 years. In addition to the neurological consequences, Dr. Isbell additionally sewed my shoulder capsule too tightly, rendering me with expressly limited range of motion despite approx 9 consecutive months of physical therapy. In order to allow the arm to move freely, it was necessary that I have another shoulder reconstruction to loosen the capsule. A shoulder specialist at Duke was able to repair the shoulder capsule itself, but was not able to alleviate the Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy which has plagued me EVERY SINGLE DAY of my life ever since Dr. Isbell operated on my shoulder. I cannot stress enough the physical, financial, mental & emotional toll this neurological illness has caused me and the impact upon my family.

August 4th, 2016
Dr. Isbell is the most kind and compassionate doctor on Earth!. He takes the time to answer your questions and doesn't give you the impression that he doesn't have time for you. Dr. Isbell treats you as if you were the only patient he has for the day and is so personable. He is very skilled and is the only doctor anyone should go to for shoulder problems. Plus, he held my hand! :)

May 4th, 2016
Dr. Willliam Isbell MD is the best
You will not find a more personable and caring doctor than Dr. Isbell. He is the best! Not only is he the best shoulder surgery doctor in North Carolina, but he doesn't have a "surgeon's attitude." He treats you like you are the only patient he has for that day and he spends the time to answer your questions. He actually sits down with you and gives you his total attention.

January 22nd, 2015
Dr. Isbell is great. He does an incredible job. Highly recommend him. The best in the area.

November 18th, 2014
Awesome experience, awesome surgeon
I have been to many orthopedic surgeons as I am a former athlete. my rotator cuff was completely torn and non of the the doctors I had been too could find the problem. At my first visit he ordered the correct tests and found the problem and within three weeks of my first appointment he had fixed my shoulder. He has the best bed side manner and truly cares about his patients. After many months of physical therapy and his follow up care my shoulder is now 100%. I would recommend him to anyone and his PA Jeremy and staff were so helpful, caring. It is no surprise why he is orthopedic doctor for the Carolina Hurricanes. Thank you for all you have done.

May 23rd, 2014
Patient
One of the top shoulder surgeons in the country. Very personable as well as his staff. He has no problem in spending time with you to make sure all your questions are answered and does not hurry you.

September 30th, 2011
Dr. Isbell - Excellent
Did great job on my shoulder - excellent surgeon would highly recommend for anyone in the greater raleigh/cary/chapel hill area.

August 16th, 2011
Best Shoulder Doctor EVER!!!
Dr. Isbell and his staff were so awesome! Jeremy Stenson is the best PA I have ever worked with in my life, and he is so easy on the eyes!!! Hot man wow!!!

August 12th, 2011
Great surgeon with very busy practice. Despite that he takes the time to really listen. He really respects you as a patient and takes the time to answer questions.

August 11th, 2011
Dr. Isbell could not be better. He is wonderful with his patients, has excellent bed side manners and is an excellent surgeon. Finally a doctor who actually cares for his patient, follows up and obviously loves what he does. You can not make a better choice having him work on you!

February 25th, 2011
Dr. Isbell was recommended to us by another out of state surgeon. He performed surgery (Allograft) on my son for an ACL injury. He took a tremendous amount of time with us to explain the surgery. My son's recovery was shortened by the excellent hands of Dr. Isbell. He is personable, takes his time with you and is there for you from surgery to recovery. What a great man and great surgeon. We were blessed to have him perform the surgery for my son. Thank you Dr. Isbell!