Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Pain Management Specialist, Sleep Medicine Specialist, Psychiatrist
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Sep 4th, 2014

This doctor is the most unprofessional medical professional I have ever known. It took the staff 4 months to get all my test lined up. Then when I wanted to get my results I had call up there every other day for 2 months to get them to return my phone calls. I was then diagnosed with a serious life long condition from the assistant on the phone the day before my appointment to get the official diagnoses, which freeked me out and serious results like that should be done by the doctor. Then the next day at the appointment my husband and myself were perfectly nice and asked him some questions about my condition and from the very first question he said,"I don't know, I am not GOD" in a loud demeaning voice. By the third question he got up and said to me I need a need doctor. I went to talk to him and he fussed at me in front of 30 doctors and medical staff and I cried it was so embarrassing. I was so shocked a doctor could act like that. I had put up with him and his staff putting me off and not doing their job and now they are dragging their feet while I am trying to get my records to give to my new doctor. If I new how this doctor would be I would of never gone to see him. I would not recommend anyone go to see him.

do not go to doc hwang show details do not go to doc hwang
by jane on Apr 20th, 2014

The staff is rude, incompetent, arrogant, have no respect of hipa regulations, cannot read a drug test, cannot identify classes of drugs they test for. The communication between office and patient and doctor has an obvious breakdown. He ran multiple unnecessary tests. He fired me as a patient and lied about it. He doesnt Listen. He is arrogant. He has no compassion. He referred me to rheumitologist that didnt take my insurance. His staff said they did. He fired me for not going to tha doctor! Said I tested pos for drugs....they misread results! Getting my records took 2 months cost $25 took 2 120mi trips. They have no integrity. It took 1 month to get refill of meds. DONT GO TO WILLIAM HWANG! GO BEAT YOUR HEAD AGAINST A WALL! IT WILL FEEL BETTER THAN THE RUNAROUND YOU WILL SUFFER IF YOU GO THERE.

Bad patient consideration show details Bad patient consideration
by Carole A. Wilson on Jul 22nd, 2013

My total time in the office was terrible. At one point I went out to the desk to ask if I had been forgotten. I told him I was there to get a second opinion on my problems. His diagnosis was pretty accurate, however, he ordered (not suggested but ordered) tests for me in every direction. So many other doctors offices called me to set up times he had ordered, that I can't help but wonder if he gets a kick-back on those. His office called me twice to see why I had not scheduled some of those & that I could only tackle one problem at a time, the most urgent. I told them my reasons & that I had seclected a surgeon other than the one he referred me to & even told them why. Later I received a letter termininating our "relationship" because I had not followed his advice. A close friend told me he had been very rude on her last visit and then had termininated her as well. I guess we are supposed to be idiots with no ability to determine our own best care.

DR. HWANG IS THE BEST EVER. show details DR. HWANG IS THE BEST EVER.
by LINDA MIDDLETON on Jun 12th, 2013

DR. HWANG, IS THE BEST EVER. HE IS VERY GOOD. HE IS NICE. I HAVE HAD A NEW HIP PUT IN AND IT FEELS GREAT. MY LEFT KNEE IS GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY. HIS STAFF THAT WORKS FOR HIM ARE SO KIND AND JUST FLAT OUT THE BEST. I FEEL I AM IN GOOD HANDS WITH DR. HWANG & HIS STAFF. I FEEL I WILL HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER KNEE AND HIP PUT IN AND I WOULD NEVER GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR. I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU SO MUCH. "THANK YOU DR. HWANG AND STAFF VERY MUCH..

NOT recommended!! show details NOT recommended!!
Nov 24th, 2012

Hwang has ZERO bedside manner, unfriendly incompetant disgruntled staff, very little patient communication. If you need to talk to the doctor or ask a question his surly staff takes a message and may forward it to Hwang and you might get a call back days or weeks later, but probably not. Hwang sends you for expensive tests then doesn't spend but a minute looking at the results. He's short tempered an just unfriendly. When I needed to reschedule he freaked out and when I needed addition medication to get me to the rescheduled treatment he screamed I could just go to emergency.

Nov 5th, 2012

Years ago this Doctor was a good, caring, person. The staff is so unprofessional. He seems like he isn't listening to you. The lab results are not discussed right away. He use to have a lot of patients in his office and now he doesn't. There is something wrong this dr. What everyone else says its true.

Apr 25th, 2012

I was pleased with every aspect of my appointment. The wait time was short, he was very thorough in his medical evaluation, he seemed very knowledgeable, and was spot-on with his suspicions regarding my eventual diagnosis. My ONLY complaint is that I didn't get the results of my blood tests for one full month (they were ready after 24-48 hours). I had to call and politely beg and badger his staff twice a week in order to get him to review my results and for them to be released to me. That is absolutely unacceptable.

Good technical doctor - bad attitude toward patients show details Good technical doctor - bad attitude toward patients
Apr 9th, 2012

While Dr. Hwang may be very good at what he does in a technical sense, he and his staff need a LOT of training in relating to patients with compassion and respect. Dr. Hwang sent referrals all over the place for me to go, but never once explained why or what I should expect. When I asked for him to call me and calm my fears, the receptionist told me I had to leave my questions with her and she would relay the answers. When he referred me for a sleep study, and I asked where it was to be done, the receptionist did not know and did not care to find out for me so I didn't get it done. I feel like a piece of meat, not a person, when dealing with Dr. Hwang and his staff. I still have a ton of questions about my case and treatment but do not believe I will ever get satisfactory answers.

Oct 29th, 2011

Terrible bedside manner. Bad temper.

Dr. William Hwang show details Dr. William Hwang
Nov 6th, 2008

Don't use Dr. Hwang unless you have 3 hours to wait in his waiting (appropriately titled) room or want to have the police called when you complain about the excessively long wait.