A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Nicholas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Nicholas is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Nicholas, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Nicholas graduated from University of Guadalajara, Mexico, San Antonio. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Nicholas has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Freeman Health System - Freeman West
- Mccune - Brooks Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nicholas accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Anthem - 9 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Family Health Partners - 2 plans
- CommunityCare Managed Healthcare Plans of Oklahoma - 1 plan
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William J. Nicholas practice?
Dr. William Nicholas practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, General Practice, and Vascular Surgery near Joplin, MO.
Additional practice locations include: Parsons, KS.
See Joplin Internists, Joplin Cardiologists, Joplin General Practitioners, and Joplin Surgeons.