A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Nicholson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Nicholson, MD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Endovascular Stent Grafts
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Nicholson graduated from Pennsylvania State University, Hershey.
Dr. Nicholson has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Hanover Hospital, Inc
- Gettysburg Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nicholson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William Nicholson practice?
Dr. William Nicholson practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Critical Care Medicine, and Interventional Cardiology near Hanover, PA.
Additional practice locations include: York, PA and Gettysburg, PA.
See Hanover Internists, Hanover Cardiologists, and Hanover Critical Care Practitioners.