A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Wood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Wood is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Wood, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Wood graduated from University of Kentucky , Lexington. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Wood has 2 hospital affiliations:
- UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital
- Harlan ARH 11201997 - 07312008
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wood accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 15 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William J. Wood practice?
Dr. William Wood practices Ophthalmology near Lexington, KY.
Additional practice locations include: Harlan, KY and Somerset, KY.
See Lexington Ophthalmologists.