Dr. William Jewell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 25th, 2016
I really Feel Dr.William Jewell listened to me and did not feel rushed at all. Thank You for helping.

May 19th, 2015
great obgyn!!
Great doctor very trustable and kind and knowledgable! Recommend him to anyone.

November 12th, 2012
Yearly Checkup
Office Staff sent out paperwork prior to visit. Like this.Office wait time very short. Liked thisPreliminary lab and test well coordinated by professional lab assist. Liked thisDoctor completed exam, answered all questions I had in easy to understand terms, provided information that previous physicians had not concerning meds that gave me a better understanding of how my own actions and diet can aid the meds. Liked this. My anxiety was eliminated. Check out and scheduling of future test and visits handled by pleasant office staff. Thank you all.

August 31st, 2012
Switching Doctors
Dr. Jewel is a good doctor until you need a "real" doctor. He was always good with my routine check ups but as soon as I had an issue he couldn't figure out what it was. He would just send me off with some medication and hope it would work. He would never schedule follow up visits. I would call back and explain that I wasn't better . He would tell me he couldn't figure out what was wrong. I researched myself and found a specialist for which I see now.(I'm healed now thanks to the specialist) I suffered for over a year with Dr. Jewell not knowing what was wrong. I also found myself a new OBGYN and will not be returning to see Dr. Jewell. Oh' and his staff is HORRIBLE just as the other reviews mention. They are rude and have given me wrong information over the phone...messing with my health, just as they have with other patients as I have read in the other reviews.

September 30th, 2011
NASTY STAFF
Nasty staff does not begin to cover it...

May 12th, 2011
I have been going to Dr. Jewell for 20 years. He is great! He diagnosed me correctly where two other doctors had diagnosed me incorrectly. I go to the Bloomfield office even though I live in Clarkston because the staff is so much better there. I had several horrible experiences with the staff at Clarkston. They were always short and rude. One of them even got irritated that I wanted to continue to hold for Dr. Jewell - to find out my pregnancy test results- so she took it upon herself to read my test and told me I was 5 weeks pregnant. This was devastating news to me at the time and I endured a break-up with my boyfriend, breaking the news to my parents, etc until I thought I had a miscarriage 2 weeks later. When I called his office, I found out that I had never been pregnant, that the nurse read my results wrong and I was just starting my period. Her irritation at me holding caused my life a lot of trauma. I have never been back to that office since! Prior to that, I had dealt with the rudeness of the staff and long waits at that office.

May 6th, 2011
Poor experience
This doctor was always rough when examining me during pregnancy. He delivered my first child and it was a horrible experience.

April 5th, 2011
A very good experience
Dr. Jewell is a very kind and caring physician. He took a lot of time with me each visit and made sure I understood everything. I recommend him to anyone.

November 30th, 2010
Best doc ever. He's very comforting and talks to you on terms that you can understand. He never seems rushed to get me out the door as I have experienced with other docs. Dr J. delivered both of my children and also did my hysterectomy. He has been my doc for 13 years and I have never even thought to look for another. Always a pleasure to see him, even if it's in the stirrups. Lol

September 7th, 2010
Let me clarify -
Dr Jewell is wonderful. Patient of 7+ years and he has been great. Begain at Pontiac office, was tired of long office waits and rude staff. Transferred to Clarkston office to experience WORSE treatment. Office staff acts annoyed on the telephone, is rude and abrupt. They need some sensitivity training when working with women who could potentially have health issues. Would not recommend this practice to ANYONE. It is a shame b/c Dr. Jewell has been a great doctor.

August 26th, 2009
Easily frustrated
Dr. Jewell isn't very personable. His staff is just horrible.

August 15th, 2009
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Jewell is an amazing doctor. He treats each and everyone of his patients as though they are his only patient. He is an excellent surgeon as well. All of is diagnosis with me have always been right on. I consider myself very fortunate to have Dr. Jewell as my OBGYN. I strongly recommend Dr. Jewell to any woman looking for a good OBGYN.The only bad thing is that Dr. Jewell's office staff at his Clarkson office is horrible. They aren't very friendly or knowledgable . I dread any time that I have to deal with the office staff. The nurses are great...it's just the office staff that is horrible. However, Dr. Jewell's professionalism and courtesy make up for the office staff. Dr. Jewell's practice is shared with other OBGYN's in this office. I can only assume that Dr. Jewell isn't responible for the hiring of office staff.