Dr. William Joyce Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Joyce?

Great Dr

Posted on October 21st, 2016

Dr Joyce is wonderful and listens to me.

Posted on February 2nd, 2014

I am a male in my 40's. I work in healthcare; therefore, I work with and around many physicians and have done so for several years; but none quite like this. I recently chose Dr Joyce as my PCP from a list of 'preferred providers' from my insurance company. I scheduled an appointment with Dr Joyce through his receptionist. This initial step was easy enough, but that's when things took a turn-for-the-worse. Upon my arrival to the office, I paid my co-pay. When I requested a receipt, I was told I would need to call the corporate office because the receptionist had 'closed out her drawer for the day'. No problem, Right? OK, so I continued with my appointment. I saw the Doctor, briefly, (since I had received a phone call from his staff asking if I could come in earlier for my appoinment because the Dr had some other obligations to attend that afternoon). I asked to have some blood work done since this was my annual check-up. I was told to go to LabCorp for my blood to be collected and the office would call me to schedule a follow-up appointment with the doctor to discuss the results. (This NEVER happened BTW, more on that later). I was given a list of LabCorp locations in the area, some of which had relocated their offices causing me to spend wasted time trying to find these places; despite using GPS since I am new to the area. I ultimately found a LabCorp office to have my blood drawn the following day. I waited, and waited, and waited, for Dr Joyce's staff to call me and reschule a follow-up appointment to discuss my annual check-up lab results; this never happened. I finally called the office to check if they had received my results and got this response from the voice on the phone, "Yes, they are in. Would you like a copy?" A copy! What happened to reciving a phone calll and a follow-up appointment?!? I guess they expected me to interpret my results and then go to Mexico or Canada to purchase my meds if I deemed it necessary to continue taking them since I've neither discussed them with 'my' physician nor been offered a prescrition to refill my cholesterol meds that I've been taking for the last few years. I then again dismissed my mental questioning of the office staff's competence and against my better judgement, requested another appiontment with 'The Doctor'. The apointment day came and I went to see the doctor. I arrived approx 20 minutes early and was ultimately 'called back' to start the check-in process approx 15 minutes late. This would be acceptable under normal circumstances, but I was the first patient of the day with no one else in the waiting room when I arrived. After being weighed and having my vital signs taken, I waited some more! Finally the doctor came in to discuss my lab reults. I tried discussing my ordeal thus far with him and he replied, "Yes, we get very busy here." Really?!? That's why I waited 2 weeks to receive a phone call for simple blood work results and then 25 minutes after a scheduled appointment (in an empty waiting room no-less) to be seen by 'The Doctor'! He then told me, "If you are unhappy with your service, you can go see someone else. I am very busy and don't have time for this." With that, he dismissed himself from the exam room and sent his medical tech in to assist me and function as a messenger. WOW!!! Please believe, this will be the last time I make an appointment at this office!!!

Posted on November 30th, 2015