Dr. William Joyce MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 21st, 2016
Great Dr
Dr Joyce is wonderful and listens to me.

February 1st, 2014
I am a male in my 40's. I work in healthcare; therefore, I work with and around many physicians and have done so for several years; but none quite like this. I recently chose Dr Joyce as my PCP from a list of 'preferred providers' from my insurance company. I scheduled an appointment with Dr Joyce through his receptionist. This initial step was easy enough, but that's when things took a turn-for-the-worse. Upon my arrival to the office, I paid my co-pay. When I requested a receipt, I was told I would need to call the corporate office because the receptionist had 'closed out her drawer for the day'. No problem, Right? OK, so I continued with my appointment. I saw the Doctor, briefly, (since I had received a phone call from his staff asking if I could come in earlier for my appoinment because the Dr had some other obligations to attend that afternoon). I asked to have some blood work done since this was my annual check-up. I was told to go to LabCorp for my blood to be collected and the office would call me to schedule a follow-up appointment with the doctor to discuss the results. (This NEVER happened BTW, more on that later). I was given a list of LabCorp locations in the area, some of which had relocated their offices causing me to spend wasted time trying to find these places; despite using GPS since I am new to the area. I ultimately found a LabCorp office to have my blood drawn the following day. I waited, and waited, and waited, for Dr Joyce's staff to call me and reschule a follow-up appointment to discuss my annual check-up lab results; this never happened. I finally called the office to check if they had received my results and got this response from the voice on the phone, "Yes, they are in. Would you like a copy?" A copy! What happened to reciving a phone calll and a follow-up appointment?!? I guess they expected me to interpret my results and then go to Mexico or Canada to purchase my meds if I deemed it necessary to continue taking them since I've neither discussed them with 'my' physician nor been offered a prescrition to refill my cholesterol meds that I've been taking for the last few years. I then again dismissed my mental questioning of the office staff's competence and against my better judgement, requested another appiontment with 'The Doctor'. The apointment day came and I went to see the doctor. I arrived approx 20 minutes early and was ultimately 'called back' to start the check-in process approx 15 minutes late. This would be acceptable under normal circumstances, but I was the first patient of the day with no one else in the waiting room when I arrived. After being weighed and having my vital signs taken, I waited some more! Finally the doctor came in to discuss my lab reults. I tried discussing my ordeal thus far with him and he replied, "Yes, we get very busy here." Really?!? That's why I waited 2 weeks to receive a phone call for simple blood work results and then 25 minutes after a scheduled appointment (in an empty waiting room no-less) to be seen by 'The Doctor'! He then told me, "If you are unhappy with your service, you can go see someone else. I am very busy and don't have time for this." With that, he dismissed himself from the exam room and sent his medical tech in to assist me and function as a messenger. WOW!!! Please believe, this will be the last time I make an appointment at this office!!!