Dr. William Joyner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Joyner?

August 9th, 2017

I do not recommend this doctor

I wouldn't recommend this doctor. He came into room didn't say hello just starting giving what sounded like a script and pointing to a diagram that looked like it was drawn by a 7 year old. He was voice was monotone and scripted. The lighting in the room was dim and that exam table looked like a torture table from the 50's. The worse part was he did not ask for an assistant to be in the room during the exam. I could not wait to leave! I will never go back!!!

August 10th, 2016

The Best!

One of Broward County's BEST!

May 7th, 2015

Great Dr but WORST office service ever...will drive you crazy

Dr. Joyner is an excellent doctor but his staff and their awful service will make you want to leave his care. THEY NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE. During business hours the phone is either busy (do they take it off the hook?) or a message service answers and you are left on hold for eternity--literally. The only way to talk to anyone or get what you need is to show up in person. It's extremely frustrating and disappointing to NEVER be able to get in touch with your dr's office. Anytime I have shown up in person bc I can't get through on the phone, the office manager nastily spouts out the same excuses (that they're soooooo busy, etc). It's unreal. I've never experienced such terrible service at a dr's office. Dr. Joyner needs to get his phone answering situation under control or I imagine he is losing patients left and right. If the office is just too busy, then stop accepting new patients if you're so in over your head. A patient should ALWAYS be able to get through to their dr's office. Every other dr I have answers their phones right away. What is wrong with this place?!

February 12th, 2014

office staff is horrible

Don't try to make an appointment....you'll never get thru to the office. I once let it ring for 20 minutes! And no one answered. Your best bet is to actually go there. Make sure you ask lots of questions about billing and be aware of the coding. They don't have much of a clue. If you have a problem, they will never call you back and make every excuse in the world! Doctor is ok, but don't go if your shy. He is very forward and will show you everything you never knew or don't want to know about your body, but he's very informative.

September 18th, 2013

new to the office

Sunny or Sone, his receptionist or tech assistant has no phone etiquite and compassion for job or for patients who come there. I had a question regarding my prescription and when I finally got through, she told me that I couldn't speak to the doctor because I was calling unnessecarily. I don't call to chitchat, I call because I am concered. She shouldn't work in a medical facility, especially where she's dealing with patients face to face. Some needs to give her phone etiquette lessons and some kind of therapy to teach her how to be courteous and respectful of patients feelings. I was referred to Dr. Joyner by two of my co-workers. Dr. Joyner is great but his staff is horrible. Always get answering machine on, even during regular business hours. Staff is unprofessional, never return calls, and rude.

July 30th, 2013

dr. joyner baby

Dr. Joyner has been my mom's doctor for years and he even delivered me almost 20 years ago. She had two miscarriages before and had a difficult pregnancy with me. Dr. Joyner was always there to help and always had my mom come in when she had even the slightest concern. Now that I have grown up, I go to him now too and would highly recommend him to anyone. He explains everything that he is doing and what is happening to your body and answers questions in ways that you can understand. He spends extra time explaining everything to you and helps you make choices that will be the best for you. The wait is often long, but the quality of the appointment is worth it. I can only hope that Dr. Joyner is still practicing when I eventually have my own children.

March 21st, 2013

I knew it.

I started as a patient of Dr. Joyner's about 20 years ago, when he was referred by another doctor's wife. It was going to be years before I had a child, but after a couple of visits I had no doubt that this was the doctor I wanted to have when the time came. I've been impressed by and comfortable with Dr. Joyner since the beginning. And like me, many of his patients have gone to him before, during, and after they had children. When you meet with him, he tells (educates) you about what's going on with your body in a way that makes sense, including the "why's". Nervous or uncomfortable about talking to a doctor or asking questions? Chances are, Dr. Joyner will answer your question before you ask it. Sometimes the wait at the office is long (so take a good book), but you'll be well taken care of.

December 1st, 2012

Time to move on

As a long time patient (12 yrs) I can say that the only reason I hadn't gone elsewhere yet is because I was younger and had no real issues. And I hate change. However- this year I had an abnormal mamogram and got no call. I received a note from Holy Cross a week after the fact telling me I needed to have a repeat. When I called Dr J's office to ask why I hadn't been called- the office manager snapped on me and said she gets in about 75 results a day and there's no way to read every one at comes in! I requested a call back from Dr J. Never got one. When I called back- oil was told I could schedule an appointment which I would be charged for but that he would never be calling me.From the never ending answering service to the complete disrespect to patient regard has me afraid to keep my well being in his hands. Time to move on.

November 10th, 2012

Caring and Thorough

I am quite surprised to read some of the horrible reviews of Dr. Joyner. While I agree that the staff is slow to return calls and the wait time seems excessive at times, Dr. Joyner spends ample time with his patients, which would account for the lengthy wait times. My last OB/GYN kept me waiting for 30 minutes in the exam room, shivering in the cold A/C, then spent barely 10 minutes with me. That's why I switched doctors.Dr. Joyner also not only delivered my niece who is now seven years old, but actually saved her life when he discovered that the cord was wrapped around her neck and performed an emergency C-section. I love him!

April 3rd, 2012

Office staff are courteous in person but do not return phone calls. It is very difficult to get through as the answering service is on even during business hours. Often placed on hold for long periods of time.

February 23rd, 2012

Treated according to your insurance

I tried to call for a new patient appt. tried numerous times for about 45 min after they were supposed to be back from lunch and they still had the answering service on. At about 3:30 a half hour before they close someone finally answered and placed me on hold, I waited on the line 15 min. before I hung up. I continued calling and the line was busy. Finally someone picked up again I was placed on hold for 10 more min. When they asked me what type of insurance I had (medicaid) I was placed on hold again and then told that the doctor would not see me after 20 wks. I insisted I would like to see him because all of the women in my family had been going to him for years, they put me on hold again for 15 min. Finally, I hung up and will never call back. If this is any indication of the service I would receive here I will pass. Very uncaring and unprofessional.

October 3rd, 2011

PATIENT WAIT TIME/ DR INTERACTION

I have been coming to Dr Joyner for 15+yrs... there has always been long wait times.. this time was the worst.. over 2 1/2 hrs wait! then he went through his REGULAR LECTURE/ON THE PHASES OF HORMONES IN FEMALES! TWICE!THAT WAS WHAT CONSTITUTED HIS PATIENT CONTACT/INTERACTION