A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Karls:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Karls is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Karls
Epilepsy Patient Education Learn about epilepsy and seizures in our patient education guide and how this brain disorder affects people.Before Visiting Dr. Karls Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Karls, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Karls graduated from University of Nebraska, Omaha.
Dr. Karls has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Medical Center Of Durango
- Montrose Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Joel Karls MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. William J. Karls practice?
- Dr. William Karls has 1 office location.
Dr. William Karls practices Psychiatry near Montrose, CO.
See Montrose Psychiatrists.