Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Bad Medicine or Bad Luck? Either way, avoid him show details Bad Medicine or Bad Luck? Either way, avoid him
Mar 19th, 2014

Diagnosed with Cancer and referred to Dr Kestenberg. He seemed competent, has a big office, and hangs his popularity contest awards on the wall. In practice, he lets you make the decisions and live with his results. His results, however, are terrible. He operated three times, missing margins, leaving scars, causing pain over and over again. No satisfactory explanation, and ultimately took no responsibility. Whether bad medicine or bad lack, he had terrible results, over and over, and took no responsibility for it, ultimately referring, and causing it seems, additional treatment like radiation and drugs to wash his hands of the matter. No acknowledgement, I assume to cover himself. At the end of the day, if you're facing serious problems, like Cancer, you don't need his results or attitude, whether he is a bad doc, or just an unlucky one. Avoid him. Look for every edge you can get, like another doc.

Excellent surgeon show details Excellent surgeon
Feb 11th, 2013

Excellent surgeon. Good bedside manner. Would refer him to anyone in my family or friends. Never appears rushed. Answers all questions well.

If you need breast surgery, he is the doctor to see. show details If you need breast surgery, he is the doctor to see.
by Sue D. on Feb 4th, 2013

He even did my OB/GYN's wife's breast surgery... I would not go anywhere else. His knowlege of my condition & the pre-surgery nurses compliments of his skills had me very happy that he was my surgeon. (in fact: every mamogram I have the techs compliment him on how good of a job he did with my scar, etc). New Patients: he does share a noisy office with other docs but he is worth seeing in spite of that.

Stay Away show details Stay Away
Dec 29th, 2011

Totally botched my son's surgery. He suffered for months until we had the surgery redone by another surgeon. He recovered immediately after the second surgery. The second surgeon was shocked at the mess he made of my son!

Great Dr.! show details Great Dr.!
Dec 8th, 2011

Dr Kestenberg is one of the finest Drs I have encountered. He is caring, knowledgeable and listens. On a scale of 1 to 10 he is an 11. I feel like he was God sent and am so thankful I was referred to him. He returns calls. He follows through and follows up. He is just the best!

Apr 11th, 2011

Ellen, billing supervisor, was abusive for the collection of a $20 copay (that I was more than willing to pay).

Would definately recommend! show details Would definately recommend!
Jan 8th, 2010

Very caring doctor. As a female I usually don't like to go to male doctors but he was very careful to make me feel as comfortalbe as possible.