Dr. William Kestenberg MD Patient Reviews

January 26th, 2017
very good doctor.

October 2nd, 2015
Not a Blessing!
Dr. Kestenberg was NOT a BLESSING. He Did not recommend the best option initially which should have been a Mastectomy for the right breast to remove a 2.8 centimeter lump instead he performed a lumpectomy of which he failed to conduct a preliminary pathology specimen to analyze during the surgery to determine if the margins were clear. BIG MISTAKE. So of course he did not go far enough; the margins were not clear and remaining bad cells needed to be removed. He gave options to have a second lumpectomy surgery and even a third if the margins aren't clear or op for a mastectomy for the right breast. Should have chose another doctor after he neglected to conduct a preliminary pathology analysis. After the mastectomy, skin was left hanging from the front as well as the sides. As Christians, we try to share the message of God's love for us through his son. Doctors should always remain professional in spite of a patients' race; (black) , religion (Christian), good medical insurance carriers (Medicare & BCBS), or otherwise. Only the Lord knows the heart. Grateful to God, none the less. Lessons Learned!

September 21st, 2015
Amazing caring physician
I was referred to Dr. Kestenberg by my obgyn for a surgical consultation for a biopsy that was recommended after my recent mammogram. No one wants to be put in this scenario but I am so appreciative of Dr. Kestenberg and the excellent care I have received by him. He spent a great deal of time explaining what was found on my mammogram, how the surgical biopsy would be conducted, and next steps. He was caring and spent time addressing any concerns I had. I immediately felt comfortable with him. During my surgical biopsy, he and his team were excellent in their overall prep and care of me before, during and after the surgery. He personally called me as soon as my results were available to explain the results. It is obvious to me why he was recommended by my obgyn and I would highly recommend to anyone needing a breast surgeon.

May 7th, 2015
I was referred to Dr. Kestenberg by my ob gyn. I had two appts with Dr. Kestenberg an neither appt did he act as if he was interested in what I had to say. I felt rush, no eye contact, just didn't feel welcome. Very poor bedside manner. I wouldn't refer anyone to him.

March 19th, 2014
Bad Medicine or Bad Luck? Either way, avoid him
Diagnosed with Cancer and referred to Dr Kestenberg. He seemed competent, has a big office, and hangs his popularity contest awards on the wall. In practice, he lets you make the decisions and live with his results. His results, however, are terrible. He operated three times, missing margins, leaving scars, causing pain over and over again. No satisfactory explanation, and ultimately took no responsibility. Whether bad medicine or bad lack, he had terrible results, over and over, and took no responsibility for it, ultimately referring, and causing it seems, additional treatment like radiation and drugs to wash his hands of the matter. No acknowledgement, I assume to cover himself. At the end of the day, if you're facing serious problems, like Cancer, you don't need his results or attitude, whether he is a bad doc, or just an unlucky one. Avoid him. Look for every edge you can get, like another doc.

February 11th, 2013
Excellent surgeon
Excellent surgeon. Good bedside manner. Would refer him to anyone in my family or friends. Never appears rushed. Answers all questions well.

December 29th, 2011
Stay Away
Totally botched my son's surgery. He suffered for months until we had the surgery redone by another surgeon. He recovered immediately after the second surgery. The second surgeon was shocked at the mess he made of my son!

December 8th, 2011
Great Dr.!
Dr Kestenberg is one of the finest Drs I have encountered. He is caring, knowledgeable and listens. On a scale of 1 to 10 he is an 11. I feel like he was God sent and am so thankful I was referred to him. He returns calls. He follows through and follows up. He is just the best!

January 8th, 2010
Would definately recommend!
Very caring doctor. As a female I usually don't like to go to male doctors but he was very careful to make me feel as comfortalbe as possible.

June 12th, 2017