Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Not a Blessing! show details Not a Blessing!
by Carol on Oct 2nd, 2015

Dr. Kestenberg was NOT a BLESSING. He Did not recommend the best option initially which should have been a Mastectomy for the right breast to remove a 2.8 centimeter lump instead he performed a lumpectomy of which he failed to conduct a preliminary pathology specimen to analyze during the surgery to determine if the margins were clear. BIG MISTAKE. So of course he did not go far enough; the margins were not clear and remaining bad cells needed to be removed. He gave options to have a second lumpectomy surgery and even a third if the margins aren't clear or op for a mastectomy for the right breast. Should have chose another doctor after he neglected to conduct a preliminary pathology analysis. After the mastectomy, skin was left hanging from the front as well as the sides. As Christians, we try to share the message of God's love for us through his son. Doctors should always remain professional in spite of a patients' race; (black) , religion (Christian), good medical insurance carriers (Medicare & BCBS), or otherwise. Only the Lord knows the heart. Grateful to God, none the less. Lessons Learned!

Amazing caring physician show details Amazing caring physician
by Krista C on Sep 21st, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Kestenberg by my obgyn for a surgical consultation for a biopsy that was recommended after my recent mammogram. No one wants to be put in this scenario but I am so appreciative of Dr. Kestenberg and the excellent care I have received by him. He spent a great deal of time explaining what was found on my mammogram, how the surgical biopsy would be conducted, and next steps. He was caring and spent time addressing any concerns I had. I immediately felt comfortable with him. During my surgical biopsy, he and his team were excellent in their overall prep and care of me before, during and after the surgery. He personally called me as soon as my results were available to explain the results. It is obvious to me why he was recommended by my obgyn and I would highly recommend to anyone needing a breast surgeon.

May 7th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Kestenberg by my ob gyn. I had two appts with Dr. Kestenberg an neither appt did he act as if he was interested in what I had to say. I felt rush, no eye contact, just didn't feel welcome. Very poor bedside manner. I wouldn't refer anyone to him.

Bad Medicine or Bad Luck? Either way, avoid him show details Bad Medicine or Bad Luck? Either way, avoid him
Mar 19th, 2014

Diagnosed with Cancer and referred to Dr Kestenberg. He seemed competent, has a big office, and hangs his popularity contest awards on the wall. In practice, he lets you make the decisions and live with his results. His results, however, are terrible. He operated three times, missing margins, leaving scars, causing pain over and over again. No satisfactory explanation, and ultimately took no responsibility. Whether bad medicine or bad lack, he had terrible results, over and over, and took no responsibility for it, ultimately referring, and causing it seems, additional treatment like radiation and drugs to wash his hands of the matter. No acknowledgement, I assume to cover himself. At the end of the day, if you're facing serious problems, like Cancer, you don't need his results or attitude, whether he is a bad doc, or just an unlucky one. Avoid him. Look for every edge you can get, like another doc.

Excellent surgeon show details Excellent surgeon
Feb 11th, 2013

Excellent surgeon. Good bedside manner. Would refer him to anyone in my family or friends. Never appears rushed. Answers all questions well.

If you need breast surgery, he is the doctor to see. show details If you need breast surgery, he is the doctor to see.
by Sue D. on Feb 4th, 2013

He even did my OB/GYN's wife's breast surgery... I would not go anywhere else. His knowlege of my condition & the pre-surgery nurses compliments of his skills had me very happy that he was my surgeon. (in fact: every mamogram I have the techs compliment him on how good of a job he did with my scar, etc). New Patients: he does share a noisy office with other docs but he is worth seeing in spite of that.

Stay Away show details Stay Away
Dec 29th, 2011

Totally botched my son's surgery. He suffered for months until we had the surgery redone by another surgeon. He recovered immediately after the second surgery. The second surgeon was shocked at the mess he made of my son!

Great Dr.! show details Great Dr.!
Dec 8th, 2011

Dr Kestenberg is one of the finest Drs I have encountered. He is caring, knowledgeable and listens. On a scale of 1 to 10 he is an 11. I feel like he was God sent and am so thankful I was referred to him. He returns calls. He follows through and follows up. He is just the best!

Would definately recommend! show details Would definately recommend!
Jan 8th, 2010

Very caring doctor. As a female I usually don't like to go to male doctors but he was very careful to make me feel as comfortalbe as possible.