Worse medical experience I have ever had show details Worse medical experience I have ever had
by Chris G. on Jun 2nd, 2015

My initial impression of Dr. Kliefoth was a good one, my situation didn't become bad until after I had surgery. The wound failed to heal timely and I am still suffering from pain now. My surgery was in September of 2014, it is now 06/02/2015 and there is still pain. The Dr. continued to see me after my surgery and avised me that everything was healing nicely, and eventually told me I was clear to return to normal activities and I wouldn't need to return. So, I did what I was told and stopped coming back for check ups. However, I was still bleeding from the surgical site. I eventaully called and made an appointment to see him again in hopes of getting the situation corrected. He agreed, and I went in for a follow up. He saw it, and administered some more treatment and told me to give it a month before I came in again. So I did, and a month later I came back with the same issue. He then did the same thing again and told me to come back in a month if it was still acting up. This trend continued for some time. After the second visit I got a bill, saying I owed him a couple hundred dollars for these visits. So, on my next visit, I inquired about it, and he told me it was a mistake on his part and that I should have been put in as "post-op" so as to not get billed. I said ok, thinking this would be the end of it, and left. I then made an appointment with a wound doctor in hopes of fixing the issue once and for all (which it did). I followed this up by going away with the military on orders for a month. upon my return home, I was greeted with another bill from the doctor saying I owed somewhere in the sum of $197. So, I called up his office today to inquire as to why I am being billed for his mistake. And the woman I spoke to, someone who was very nasty basically told me that even though it was their mistake that I will have to pay for it. I am almost a year post surgery now, and have done everything the doctor has told me, and followed all the steps and somehow I am to blame for his mistake and for him passing the buck. I recomend goig to any other surgeon but him.

Not so good show details Not so good
by A Patient on Mar 29th, 2013

Just not as skilled as his peers.

Pilondial Cyst Surgery show details Pilondial Cyst Surgery
Oct 24th, 2011

I had a pilondial cyst for about a year and I had to have surgery to get it removed. Dr.Micheal Smith referred me to Dr.Kliefoth. Personally I have had a good experience with the whole ordeal. He was kind and caring, he was short and straight to the point, which I like in a doctor but still with enough information to tell me what is wrong, and what needs to be done. I was surprised he was only listed as a one star surgeon but my experience with him has been pretty good. As far as surgeons go, I would even recommend him in my line of work with my own patients. ~Kory HinkRLI Medical Attendant

Terrible Doctor show details Terrible Doctor
Apr 19th, 2010

After having hemroid ectomy by the good doctor, he never removed the original problem after a botched surgery. I spent 4 hours in the emergency room getting stitched without nova cane inside my rectum. After this grueling ordeal with his intern he then decided to come back to the hospital and put me back into emergency surgery and I had to spend the night. Oh I forgot the real reason for this bit-h session, he never removed the hemroid that was casuing the problem in the first place. Now I go around with napkins in my rectum so I don't stain my underwear. Great life you left me with Doc!