Dr. William Kois Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Kois?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

May 13th, 2016

Great doctor

Dr. Kois saved my shoulder, which was heading toward a rotator cuff problem. His diagnosis was thorough and accurate, and he referred me to an excellent physical therapist who was incredible. I avoided surgery and now have full recovery of painless motion.

October 22nd, 2015

I have been in the VA system since 1982, with multiple disabilities . I have lived in 6 regions during these years. I cannot count the number of drs & other health professionals I have seen trying to resolve my pain management. By far Dr.Kois is the best, because he is whole person, body mind & spirit. The VA is a difficult system for women veterans. We are only 6 percent, a boil on the butt of an elephant the Secretary has to deal with everyday. These systems are all top heavy with administrators. Without enough direct medical providers , the records are beautiful, but the patient died three weeks ago. This is a very serious problem for we veterans. Additionally, as women veterans, we often experience difficulties receiving care in a system designed primarly for men. We are sometimes traumatized for the first time in vas, or retraumatized , once we get there. I have had trhese incidents & experiences too often. For me, Dr Kois's office & those who work for him, or an oasis. I feel respected, treated as a whole person, & safe. Safety for me as a survivor of MST & multiple physical conditions, is paramount. Sometimes, when I am very discouraged by the bad experiences I am having in parts of the clinic, or am afraid of past experiences I have had in other clinics & hospitals in the past repeating themselves, I remember there are a few truly patient centric caregivers left. Dr. Cois is one of those. During a discouraging day at the clinc, I just go & sit near his office, even when I do not have an appointment. I feel safe, & I then have the courage to keep coming back. His care for us as patients shows me he truly loves us. By my own experience over the years, people like DR Kois are rare, & a treasure in the VAMC.

September 20th, 2014

As a result of this persons horrible and unprofessional treatment I moved to another VA, on DAY 1 I requested and was granted an MRI of both knees. My new doctor was actually surprised that it was denied in the first place. Fluid was found to be present on both. The test that was denied to me by this person, who should have no say in ANY medical procedures or tests AT ALL who determined I was faking 15 years of pain after his 15 minutes of evaluation, who further advised against any testing for "fear a false positive would give me reason to continue faking it." REALLY should consider retirement, or at the very least a refresher course on the Hippocratic oath. I cannot stress this enough, to anyone who may be reading this review, if you are sent to this person you would be safer in the hands of a first year veterinary student. I am finally getting ACTUAL treatment as opposed to condemnation and ridicule. If I could rate him in negative stars I would.

January 23rd, 2012

He is very professional and very thoroughhe cares about you as his patient

March 28th, 2011

Different but Great

I first met Dr Kois and wasn't sure he was the doctor. If you are looking for appearence first, he is not your guy. However if you want a Doctor that cares and is not on an ego trip....and is good at what he does, Kois is the Doctor for you. I like him, his methods and his demeanor. Great Doctor and Good Guy!

September 23rd, 2009

Dislocating Costochrondrol Junction

I have a very rare, often unheard of condition. My lower right rib dislocates sometimes 10-20 times a day. Although Dr. Kois was not sure what direction to go in with me he has given me options and set into place plans I did not have before sitting down with him. I had been offered pain Medication by every Doctor I had seen (which I do not want to take). Dr. Kois was the first medical person I met that understood that pain medication would not be efective (besides getting me "hooked"), because the pain only occurs when the dislocation occurs. I have called his office twice and he has either taken my call or returned it with an hour. I was struggling with the fitting of a brace he prescribed and he told me to come right down and he would check out what could be done to correct the problem. How many DOctors do you know that will say "come right down". ALthough we are still searching for a way to get me functional, I have all the confidence in the world that this old school type of doctor will help me get there. There is nothing pretenious about this Doctor. He will work with you to get results. I strongly believe a doctor should talk to you and not at you. Dr. Kois is that type of doctor. Patients and Doctors alike need to understand that it takes both individuals to heal a patient. Dr. Kois gets that better then most in my opinion. If this is the type of care you are looking for I strongly recommend Dr. Kois.

February 3rd, 2009

Patient from 1994

In 1993 my husband had suffered an injury at work. In 1994 he finally had surgery, but not before the piece of 2" disk that had broken off. The damage of this was the result of severe nerve damage. Also, during that surgery, my husband had suffered a heart attack. We were never informed of this, we found out much later. Because my husband worked for the Federal Government, there was alot of paper work. Dr. Kois, one time put on my husband paper work, that went back to the government:"send me more paper work to fill out". Well, needless to say, that was went my husband's check, wasn't send out . So patents you need to be aware!!!!! These kind of medical omissions can have a very lasting affect.

March 10th, 2017