Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

3.0

Jan 27th, 2015

Repeatedly sends lab work to wrong lab on insurance plan and will not reimburse.

Not good show details Not good
Sep 3rd, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Kriegel's for 5 years, but I'm leaving him. I've been going mainly for annual checkups. Every year, it seems like is harder just to get an appointment. Sometimes I go expecting Dr. Kriegel, and I'm placed with a nurse instead, and don't even see him. It's like they're herding cattle in and out as quickly as possible. This year, I called for my annual checkup and was told that there's a two month wait. I took the appointment anyway. Then they called me the day before my appointment and said that they had actually given my appointment to the nurse instead of Dr. Kriegel again, but that the nurse was not available for my appointment. They're definitely not focused on patient care as much as they're focused on volume.

I would have ran out if my back didn't hurt so bad. show details I would have ran out if my back didn't hurt so bad.
Dec 2nd, 2011

I went in for debilitating back pain. Upfront I was told that Dr. Kriegel does not prescribe pain meds, as if they just knew I was an addict!! I actually wanted treatment, not pain meds. The receptionist was very unprofessional. There was another patient that was called up to the desk, only for her psych history, credit problems, and inability to treat her, to be announced loudly so that everyone could hear. Then when the patient left, the receptionist called someone and told that person all of about the patient and her inability to pay bills. So much for privacy. Dr. Kriegel did not once look at me in the eyes, he stared at the computer with his back to me the whole time. He took his stethescope and listened to 2 spots on my back. For being a new patient, I thought he might want to examine and get to know me. No, he just referred me to someone else. I was treated by the referral with no success. I called and asked Dr. Kriegel to order an MRI to see if I needed surgery. He would not. He did not want to be responsible for the follow-up. I thought maybe he was having a bad day, but looks like someone else had a similar experience. FYI, Nurse Practitioners are very thorough, they care and take their time to get to know you. My sister sees the NP there and loves her.

Run away ...dont walk! show details Run away ...dont walk!
Mar 19th, 2011

Watch out! Steer clear if you value your health!Undoubtedly there for the bucks, to cover his bases, and to make his WellsStar & drug companies quotas. As an aside; He will look & talk at his computer screen about 10 times longer than he will at you. Very little creativity, innovation, or foresight.

Warm and Helpful Physician show details Warm and Helpful Physician
Feb 4th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Kriegel for more than a year and I am so glad I found someone so helpful. He genuinely cares about his patients and is very down to Earth. He has helped me tremendously.

Careless Doctor and careless CMA show details Careless Doctor and careless CMA
May 26th, 2010

On my very first visit, I could hardly walk due to severe back pain. After 20 minutes of completing forms, the CMA realized that I have HMO insurance and would need to have Dr. Kriegel as my PCP otherwise I could not be seen. After 7 minutes of speaking with Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dr. Kriegel was listed as the new PCP. Then I was told because my visit was 30 minutes earlier, now the doctor would not be able to see me. I inisisted to see him because the pain was so bad. The ladies in the front office had no concern that I was in pain and did not take in consideration that when the initial appointment was made no one asked if I had HMO or PPO. The insurance is from my spouse's job and I was not familiar with the HMO process. I was in tears nearly the whole visit. I explained my situatiion then Dr. Kriegel sent me down the hall to XRAY. The xray was normal. He gave referrals for an MRI and to see a back specialists. 12 days later I had the MRI done. 2 days later still no word from Dr. Kriegel's office. I called and Sheila (CMA) told me the results were normal. I asked if someone was going to call or if a letter would be sent informing me of the results, she said no. I was shocked. Being that I am still in pain and recently had tests, but no one was going to let me know the reults!!! What type of doctor's office is this??? Oh, I forgot to mention, on the day of the visit, I had to ask for pain pills even after I explained to Kriegel for the past 4 days I was taking approximately 12-16 advil daily. Long story short, I was treated like a person that was only there for pain pills, even though it was my first visit. The pills he prescribed said not to operate heavy machinery and cause dizziness and drowsiness even after I explained that I drive over an hour to work daily. I only took one pill after ready the side effects. The whole visit was dreadful and prejudged experience. I have never misused any medication but I was treated like a junky. Doctors and their assistants should treat each patient as an indvidual and not like the regular patients that do come in just for pain prescriptions. I needed results but all I got was more pain. Won't ever go to see this doctor again!!! I am looking for another PCP as of today.