Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

3.0

Looking for NEW doctor!!! all they want is my money-could care less about my health show details Looking for NEW doctor!!! all they want is my money-could care less about my health
by Chris Peters on May 19th, 2015

Have been seeing this Doctor for about 5 years, as does most of my family. He spends little to no time with me, and i am typically at least 30 minutes after appointment time to see the Doctor. He is now messing with giving me my medications. was supposed to see him for a follow up from last november, finally got in there in May and had to schedule with PA, when I got there they thought i was there for a physical, No it was a follow up from CCU and post Angio. Asked about abnormal labs and chest pain i had been having, they said not to worry, labs may not always be correct!

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by Barbara on Apr 30th, 2014

I could not believe the reviews that I was reading. My husband and i have been very pleased with the service we have received for many years. We drive one half hour to see Dr. Kuehnling because we think he is such a wonderful doctor. He diagnosed my husband's prostrate cancer in its earliest stages. The specialist could not believe he caught it so soon. He takes time with us and listens to what we have to say. You get the feeling that he knows us and truly cares for our well being. When we need a quick appointment, we have at times seen a PA who seemed very knowledgeable. However, we always had the option of waiting a little bit more to see the doctor. When I call to speak to a nurse, they are always very helpful and they do call back when necessary. They will consult the doctor about an issue when I ask. The only negative I have is their phone system. Often it does not work and when you are on hold, you have to listen to the same message over and over. Once would be enough, Then I would prefer soft music. I would recommend this doctor and I have done so. I have not had any difficulty with the office staff. I must see who this "horrible" office manager (mentioned in the reviews) is the next time I go!!

Nurse show details Nurse
by Kim on Nov 21st, 2013

I have never experienced such horrible service in my life. Reception was rude, NP VERY inexperienced, you can't see an MD till your practically dieing. Call back from office is impossible, and forget if you have to miss an appointment....they will REFUSE medical services to you from that point on. And the Office Manager is extremely nasty, rude, and has no clue as to what she is doing.....they should shut this practice down...and for Lancaster a huge favor.

Sep 17th, 2013

terrible customer service they do not care about there clients at all all they want is $$

office staff HORRIBLE show details office staff HORRIBLE
by michele palladino on May 20th, 2013

Let me start off by first saying Dr Kuehnling is NOT my issue but the office staff and their disinterest and dishonesty is sickening. To even see the doctor I have to specifically ask for him then 90% of the time the staff will tell me he is "booked full" until i say I will take the first open appointment. It is amazing how after saying that he ends up with an open appointment the same day. Also they over charge you left and right. I am currently disputing an extra charge for an evening appointment that I DID NOT ask for during their NORMAL office hours. I was told by the office staff the charge is REQUIRED by my insurance. Needless to say after speaking with my insurance company 1. it is not a required charge and 2. the insurance company can not tell a provider what to bill. After calling Lancaster medical and speaking with both the office manager & billing specialist and getting no resolve The office sent me a letter telling me my doctor can no longer be my provider. I have spoken to many now ex patients who have had the same sort of issues with the office staff there. BEWARE. This was not my first issue. they have lost my payments & I have had issues with the PA's not knowing their job. The worst was being told I did not have a broken bone in my leg when I very clearly did (confirmed by a specialist who had to surgically remove a fragment from my leg) I should have left then but i was lazy and they were close to my house. I thought "well for the few times i go to the doctor... trust me when i say it is NOT worth the stress. Too bad the Doctor has such a HORRIBLE office staff because he is honestly a good guy. He should consider getting out of that practice it is ruining his name.

Good diagnostician show details Good diagnostician
Apr 5th, 2013

The doctor takes excellent notes. Likes to maintain a good history on his patients and asks good probing questions. I like that he doesn't medicate just for the sake of making a patient happy. While he is not considered homeopathic, he is very grounded and practical. My kind of guy. While the administrative staff are not very warm with the patients, the nurses and doctor certainly are.

Unprofessional office manager show details Unprofessional office manager
Sep 10th, 2011

What practice allows an office manager to dismiss a 22 yr old patient mid treatment for an active middle & outer ear infection with a perforated eardrum because the patients parent want to file a complaint with the office due to lack of professionalism by its nurse staff? This manager needs to be educated in listening skills and customer service as does her husband/Dr. Cleary. There's a huge conflict of interest there. They should be very concerned with the way their actions reflect on the reputation of the practice.

Great Primary doctor show details Great Primary doctor
May 11th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Kuehnling for about 15 years now and think he is a wonderful primary doctor. I have seen him for the majority of my visits, and on one or two occasions have seen the PA or NP. Usually that is the other way around in most doctor's offices. Dr. Kuehnling is always friendly and pleasant. He takes his time and listens to you and doesn't rush through his check ups. The nurses and office staff are very efficient and friendly and it is never stressful going to their office. I would recommend Dr. Kuehnling and his group very highly.

by Elizabeth on Nov 14th, 2008

Very caring and very up to date on health issues and treatments...you will like this doctor very much. I highly recommend him to everyone!

PA's are excellent show details PA's are excellent
by Justin on Aug 8th, 2008

I have never seen Dr. Kuehnling, but he has two exceptional PA's that work for him. Amy Munro and Allyson Kirk are sharp, bright and thorough practitioners who are very knowledgable in all aspects of medicine. At the same time, they refer you to specialists and for the appropriate tests when they do not have enough information to make immediate decisions. I have seen MD's before who think they are experts in all aspects of medicine. They take your blood pressure and listen to your breathing at which point they pat you on the back and send you home. These PA's ask questions, proceed with their examination, send you for tests to gather more information, and provide an educated diagnosis afterwards. If they realize that a situation is beyond their area of expertise, then they care enough about the patient to refer them to the field expert for additional examination. Congrats to Dr. Kuehnling for hiring two outstanding PA's to represent his practice.