Dr. William Kuo MD Patient Reviews

4.9

• Good
  • Bad

September 12th, 2017
Best Interventional Radiologist in the World!
Two months ago I had my 14 year old temporary filter successfully retrieved. After two unsuccessful retrieval attempts back in 2004 I was advised that my temporary filter would act as a permanent device. This came after my surgeon informed me that one of the filter arms had previously fractured and was embedded in my heart. I was his first documented case. Sadly, I was also one of his first unsuccessful retrievals. The news came from a prominent NYC doctor at a competitive hospital. What a shock, as I only had my filter a handful of months. For the next 14 years I would carry an undeniable anxiety about the foreign body inside me which would be written off as hypochondria and irrational fear. It wasn't till a year ago after an unrelated health issue I would learn about the FDA warnings and additional fractured arms displaced in my body. I didn't know where to turn medically at the time and ended up consulting with a vascular surgeon who lacked the education and experience concerning complex filter retrievals. I was advised never to attempt removal of such an old device. Thankfully, I listened to my gut and plugged along with researching options anyway. This is when I learned of Dr. William Kuo at Stanford Medical Center who had the highest retrieval rate of complex filter cases and who developed cutting edge technology to remove once previously irretrievable filters. I made the life changing decision to travel a cross the country where he was successfully able to remove my embedded device. While I will always live with pieces of that filter embedded inside my heart and lungs I'm forever grateful to Dr. Kuo for inevitably extending my life by removing the perpetrator.

October 4th, 2015
A true miracle worker
If ever there was a doctor who fits the description, "Miracle Worker" Dr. Kuo does. My IVC filter, which had been placed by another doctor in 2008, had clotted closed and blood clots went from about the level of my belly button through my pelvis and down my left leg. The swelling in my left thigh is reduced by 7 3/8 inches (back down to its normal size) because of Dr. Kuo's skillful procedure to remove the trouble-causing filter and re-open my veins.

October 9th, 2013
Endless Gratitude
Dr. Kuo has redefined the word “permanent.” Seven years ago an inferior vena cava (ivc) filter was inserted into my body. It was considered a permanent filter and I was originally told it could not be taken out. After a few years, I started to feel sharp chest pains and few other unusual symptoms. I knew something was wrong. I contacted Dr. Kuo and upon further diagnostic tests it was evident that it needed to be removed. My life depended on it. Dr. Kuo’s demeanor and bedside manner were the best I have ever experienced and more importantly was his stellar performance and skill in successfully removing the filter near my heart. I no longer experience the painful symptoms I had prior to the procedure and the high risk factors of the permanent filter are now gone. My endless gratitude for Dr. Kuo's expertise and determination will last a lifetime. Dr. Kuo is truly a pioneer in the field of modern medicine. Thank you Dr. Kuo!

July 20th, 2013
Miracle Worker!
After my local doctors spent several hours and failed twice to remove my vena cava filter, I found Dr. William Kuo online at the Stanford IVC Filter Clinic. I travelled 2000 miles to California and he removed my filter in less than 1 hour. I am so grateful to Dr. Kuo! He is a true Miracle Worker!

May 2nd, 2013
I wanted to thank Dr. Kuo for successfully removing my IVC filter. I was told by a panel of cardiologists that it was too dangerous to remove leaving me with no option but to spend the rest of my life in constant concern that it would eventually fracture and damage my heart or lungs. That is all history now thanks to what Dr Kuo at Stanford has done for me. THANK YOU

September 7th, 2012
Genius
Dr.Kuo is pure genius. No one else would evn try to remove my IVC filter since it was considered irremovable. His technique is pure genius. Alo he is w very caring, kind individual. I traveled 3000 miles and it was worth the trip.

April 19th, 2012
IVC removal
Dr. Kuo took out my filter that was in place for a couple years. My local doctor was unable to do the job. Dr. Kuo is top notch in my book:)

August 14th, 2011
a new respect for medicine
Words cannot express the gratitiude I have for Dr. Kuo. He not only excels in his expertise, knowledge and skills, but his poise, mannerism, caring, politeness and relationship with patient and family is truly an art in medicine.

July 27th, 2017