William Matzner Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 26th, 2015

the best Dr. I have ever gone to!!!!!!

June 10th, 2014

Wonderful Doctor

He was my admitting doctor at Los Robles and I was so fortunate to have had him on my medical team. He was comforting, knows his stuff, and will be my Internal Medicine doctor for life!! I am very thankful for him and will most likely have to use his reproductive services in the future. Amazing doctor but definitely a very busy one. Very grateful :)

February 19th, 2013

This doctor pointed us towards tests we needed...

I saw Dr. Matzner at the recommendation of a friend who believed he had helped her achieve a healthy birth after multiple pregnancy losses. When he gave me his long list of expensive tests I decided to take them to my RE (in whose care I'd lost two naturally conceived pregnancies) and asked him which tests had merit. He told me that APA, ANA, and NK Count should be run, drew my blood and sent it off to West Coast Labs (an independent lab) for testing. When I came up positive for APA with elevated NK count he said that while we couldn't know they caused my losses, it was possible that they had and that if I conceived again I should inject lovenox, a blood thinner, daily while pregnant to treat the APA. To suppress the elevated NK count, he said I should take low dose prednisone, a steroid, orally, once a day during the first trimester only. So with my DE IVF achieved pregnancy (age 44 after two prior attempts had to be cancelled prior to retrieval due to problems outside of anyone's control) I did both and had a relatively easy, blissful pregnancy during which I ate right, exercised moderately, and gained only the expected amount of weight. Then two days before the medically necessary scheduled C section (2 weeks before term) my OB told me to cease lovenox and two days later I nearly died. HELLP Syndrome (an extreme form of eclampsia) ruptured my liver and gave me a stroke that put me in a six week long coma. Ultimately I needed brain surgery, a tracheotomy, $11,000 in blood transfusions, respiratory, physical, and cognitive therapies (18 months of Cognitive therapies) to bring me back to normal functioning.) While most women who use lovenox do not suffer strokes after stopping it, I am convinced that lovenox kept my baby girl and me healthy as long as we were and enabled her to survive. Many HELLP syndrome moms and babes don't survive. I remain grateful to Dr. Matzner (who I believe is now retired) for pointing me towards the tests we needed to run before I could carry my daughter.

July 26th, 2011

Go somewhere else.

Poorest assessment I have ever seen. Rounds on large numbers of elderly and debilitated patients without even trying to establish a true patient-doctor relationship. In the best interest of your family and other loved ones. Find someone else. He was randomly "assigned" to care for my mother by another questionable practitioner.

January 23rd, 2011

Dr. Matzner was prompt, polite, diagnosed my condition and treated me accordingly. Great follow up. My kind of doctor.

November 4th, 2010

Doctor has onsite lab and refuses to allow any labs to be done elsewhere!

The required lab tests cost approximately $1,500.00 in addition to the $300.00 office visit. They do not accept insurance for any of this. Some tests are very specialized and, according to the doctor, only performed at his lab. For the others which are commonly performed at other labs, he still requires you do them at HIS lab. This is not communicated up front. I was actually told the opposite by the blood draw lady. And only after I spent $300.00 on the office visit and $550.00 on labs, was I told that the labs done at Cedars Sinai were not acceptable. I made a HUGE mistake going to this doctor. I now have no extra funds to be able to go to anyone else, and this doctor refuses to treat me even for the conditions for which I did have labs done at his lab (until all of the other labs are finished). This does not seem ethical to me. I plan to contact the CA medical board to see if it is even legal. There are other choices out there for reproductive immunologists. I wish I had read about him on the reviews on the internet before going there. I have yet to see one good review. His knowledge seems solid and extensive. And if money is not an object for you, you could probably get good treatment from him. Couples with a history of recurrent pregnancy loss are especially desperate and vulnerable. And I for one feel taken advantage of.

April 26th, 2016