Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Great surgeon  |  show details
by Jillian on Mar 7th, 2013

Great surgeon, after 13 years I am still doing well. He had a great attitude and was very helpful in my follow ups and recovery.

|  Very Good Doctor  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

We were pleased with Dr. Oppenheim and their staff at Santa Monica. They are real professionals and caring. I will recommend them.

Jun 8th, 2011

Once past the insurance issues, had a great experience. Office wait is well worth it. Experience counts.

Apr 21st, 2011

The experience we had with the doctor was a very positive one. He and the gentleman that saw my daughter before the doctor came in were very thorough and professional and they both spent a good amount of time with us. However, I never should have gone to this doctor in the first place. I thought he was the wrong specialist and I called his office 3 times and once spoke with someone about my concerns and twice left messages. I never received one call back so therefore we went to see him and I was right. He then wrote up orders that were going to send us to the right doctor...he wanted her seen by the other doctor within 3 weeks. It has now been over 4 weeks and our insurance company and still to receive the authorizations. I have called numerous times, and all but one time went straight to voice mail and I have not received even one call back. His staff really needs to get their act together, it makes the doctor look bad. I hope that my daughter doesn't lose the use of her legs while we are waiting for the authorization to get to the insurance company.

Dec 9th, 2010

Dr. Oppenheim is an amazing doctor that has exhibited great care of my brother over the past 10 years. He has had great bedside manners, has been very thoughtful of his diagnosis and recommendations for treatment of his Cerebal Palsy. Dr. Oppenheim has introduced us to many additional doctors that have assisted with treatment over the years. We feel fortunate to have met him and to have been under his care. He's a good man and cares deeply about the people that he treats.

|  4hr wait to be treated so badly  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2010

We drove two hours to get to this doctor and had to wait 4 to get to see him. This dr. was verbally abusive to my 14yr old son and myself. He came in with a horrible attitude and we left with a worse one. Even after waiting for hours to get in, we kept telling ourself it will be worth it to figure out what was going on. We went in with smiles and hopefulness and came out angry and disappointed. My son has long hair and dresses like a drummer that he is. I guess this is why this dr. asked him if his injury was caused by him drinking and doing drugs? Yes, those words came out of this mans mouth. My son has a learning disability that makes it very hard for him to understand people when they talk. I explained this to this dr. and he got very angry because my son didn't know what a YMCA was (he wanted my son to work out). I told him I was having an issue finding a dr. that specializes in a condition that my son has and he told me I was ridiculous. He could not even get the MRI situation correct and even tested the wrong knee that was giving my son the trouble. After about 10min of this dr. treating both of us like dirt I calmly told my son to get dressed and we left. My son's self esteem was crushed. I let the dr. know that it was a sad day when my 14yr old teenage had better manners than a 60yr old dr. I felt terrible for my son, and any one else that has to deal with this man. He may be a great dr. I don't know nor will I ever know I would never return there again. Yet, his bedside manners is the worst I have ever had to deal with.Just because he is a dr. that does not give him the right to treat people like this. I know a lot of Doctors that are very kind, caring, and want to help not harm.