Dr. William Lackey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6
  • 15 reviews

December 12th, 2016
Great Dr. Would definitely recommend to family and friends.

November 20th, 2015
Excellent doctor for the Brooklyn area

October 8th, 2015
Myself and multiple coworkers are patients of Dr. Lacky and we all sing his praises. He has gone above and beyond. He is also honest and willing to help get other opinions on my issues.

September 23rd, 2015
The Worst Practice Ever!
Dr. Lackey's office could be run better by kindergarten kids. We arrived for a check up appointment at 8:50AM and we are still currently here, waiting for the patient to be released at 10:47AM. Several patients who have been called after our patient have already left the building. The front desk here seems to be more concerned about their WiFi not working than doing their actual job. As me and my girlfriend sit here waiting for the patient for over an hour, the woman at the front desk asks us, "Did you guys sign in?" as she has completely oblivious and has no idea who we are and who we are waiting for. Our first visit here was also a horrible experience. The front desk has no idea how to handle the patients in the waiting room. They confuse first names with last names and cannot even get the patients name right on a simple doctors note. I would not recommend this practice or doctor to anyone. Very disorganized and frustrating.

September 21st, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr.Lackey's for several years. He is a very knowledge, kind and caring physician. He take necessary time to explain your condition, test findings and treatments options. I have recommended may friends and family to him and they have appreciated the referral. I would highly recommend Dr. Lackey as an Orthopedic Surgeon.

May 26th, 2015
Get Run around.Make appointments and no progress.

May 2nd, 2015
I was told by Dr. Lackey (aptly named) that i needed an MRI and I was given a paper with different MRI facilities to call. I called 4 places (including my insurance company) and they all told me the same thing...lackey's office did NOT call my insurance for an authorization which EVERY doctor knows is required in order to get an appointment. I was told by the receptionist that I should call the MRI places again. Why? She then told me she didn't have the paper work ready so that it would take 3 days to get an authorization. This is NOT how it works. I've done this before. I was also told to take an anti-inflammatory for which I would receive a prescription in the mail a week or so later. Why? Dr. Lackey's manner was extremely brusque. Diagnosis: Lackey is Lacking.

January 1st, 2015
needless pain, suffering and recovery
poorly diagnosed knee condition which would have resulted in a second unnecessary surgery

August 4th, 2014
Butcher at Large
This butcher should not be allowed to practice medicine. He has absolutely no idea of what he is doing. He can't read an MRi. he has no idea what he is looking at. He is incompetent in the operating room. He truly is incapable of performing surgery. I do not know what these other people who wrote reviews saw in him. After he did my surgery, I needed to see another orthopedic surgeon to try to fix the damage, unfortunately it could not be done completely. He took away my quality of life. don't go near him. ..

December 7th, 2011
No one can please everyone we have to to give that job to Jesus lol!
I feel for those of you who have had a bad experience and wasn't pleased with this doctor but I found the opposite to be true I found him to be very caring, attentive, and helpful. He is a very busy doctor who tries his best to see all of his patients or assist you in anyway he can. However, if you are impatient than maybe you could bring something that would help pass time of maybe look for a doctor who you are please with. As for me I have been seeing him for almost two years and I am very please because I know that you have to wait sometimes and I learn to adapt this type of attitude and it helps or I will simply ask if I have a long wait and use that time to do something else until its my turn. Overall, I am very please with this doctor and would highly recommend him to others I do agree that patients forms should be free or they should not have to pay anymore than $5.00 to have their forms completed because its part of the medical process in order for the patient to receive any type of payment or bill their jobs and insurance company after all thats what we pay them for.

October 31st, 2011
Dr. Lackey is a talented surgean with amazing personality. He has excellent communication skills with his patients.

August 14th, 2010
Don't let this phony go anywhere near you. He is lacking in knowledge; his surgical accumen is so bad it's pitiful. He can't read an MRI properly; he has no idea what he is looking at, and no ability to interpret. Stay away.