Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Don't go there.  |  show details
by Ann on Jan 13th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Landry for gyn. appointments for many years. Each time I go, I leave vowing to find another doctor. Why haven't I done so? As we all know, changing GYN's is not an easy switch to make; these exams are a bit more involved than having a doctor check your ears and throat. But I've about had it. Dr. Landry seems to be an efficient doctor, but he is extremely impersonal and indifferent, asks quick, basic questions ("Any problems?"), doesn't give you any information other than rote advice, doesn't like to take the time to answer questions, and can at times be impatient to the point of rudeness. His exams are very quick...could be a plus, I guess. I needed an in-office procedure once, and it was obvious he did not want to take the time to do it; at first he told me to see a surgeon. Delise, his nurse is very nice and helpful, and returns calls fairly promptly. She will call to give you mammogram results. However, the rest of the staff (especially at the front desk) are not friendly and certainly not helpful; they act as if you're bothering them if you ask a question. Calling the office is a complete nightmare! First you have to listen to a 6-7 minute recitation and menu; when you finally get the opportunity to push a number, you get sent to voicemail, even to try to make an appointment. I have called twice this week, left my call back info, and have yet to receive a return call. (I hope I don't have cancer.) Am checking on-line now for a new GYN. By the way, I once opted to see Dr. Schultis in the same office (Dr. Landry's sister, I believe) and was definitely not impressed; she is very rough. I do not recommend this office at all.

|  Switching OB's  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

I just found out I'm pregnant again and I am switching OB's because I want to LOVE my doctor like I hear so many women say they do. Dr. Landry is certainly not a bad doctor. He is a pleasant person and is professional & knowledgeable. But, I did not have a wonderful experience at my prenatal appointments or giving birth. It just felt routine and felt like he was going through the motions. Felt very business-like. If you are going only for Gyn appts annually and are interested in getting in and out of his office quickly, Dr. Landry would be a good choice for you.

|  show details
May 14th, 2010

I really like Dr.Landry, the only problem is a few of the nurses.He doesnt remember what he told me sometimes though.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Landry for several years for routine exams, problems, and procedures, and even surgery. Both he and his nurses have always been very friendly, and professional. They return my calls, listen to my concerns and answer all my questions. My only complaint would be for the office staff behind the receptionist's counter. They are not very frindly, and make you feel as though you are bothering them. The other staff who handles payment and follow up appointments are very helpful and friendly.