inactive

William G Lemaster DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

February 4th, 2016
Excellent psychiatrist. Really takes his time with me, waiting time is brief compared to others. Very courteous and caring.

November 13th, 2015
I saw Dr. Lemaster for several years. He is a wonderful psychiastrist. I work in the health care firld, and have also referred a number of people to him. Everyone I have referred to him has also been very pleased with him.

September 3rd, 2014
Was one of the Psychiatrists while my son was in the in patient psychiatric unit at Mather hospital. Not only did he hardly speak to my adult son while he was admitted in the hospital; but he prescribed medication without giving my (adult) son any information on the medication or why it was being administered. Further more he completely misdiagnosed my son with bipolar II when two outside Psychiatrists he chose to follow up with diagnosed him with an anxiety disorder which they said could not even be closely considered bipolar II. Personally after dealing with my son's mental illness I have a much deeper understanding for mental illnesses and have to say that William G. Lemaster is not only an unethical practitioner but also an irresponsible one. From speaking to families of other patients I learned that he heavily medicated many of his patients and his primary diagnosis for many of them was (yup you guessed it) bipolar II. This man should not be allowed to practice in NYS anymore. Hopefully some other families and patients speak up about this man.