Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Judy on Oct 20th, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr Leuchter for 8 years now, and what has always impressed me has been his willingness to listen from his patients, and to spend time with them, and above all else his knowledge and professionalism. Everyone else in the office is as kind and as courteous. If you want a doctor who cares and has compassion for his patients, and is willing to get to the bottom of your symptoms, Dr Leuchter is the best.

by donna on Mar 7th, 2014

a wonderful, caring person. Very good doctor!

|  Thorough  |  show details
by Fedilias M. on Feb 18th, 2014

Dr. Leuchter has been very thorough, open, honest and patient. He does take the time to listen to ensure that he has all necessary information so that he can develop a plan of action. I would recommend him to anyone that needs to see a Neurologist. I have to drive 45 minutes to get to his practice but it is worth the drive for me. What I am experiencing personally is very frustrating for me and he assures me that we will get some resolve.

|  Uncaring and Rude  |  show details
by BH on Jan 18th, 2014

If you are looking for a doctor that is competent and caring, this is not the doctor for you. I have never been to such an incompetent, rude, condescending and arrogant doctor in my life! He single handedly ruined my quality of life. Doctors are supposed to help people, not hurt them. He could care less about how you feel or how much pain you are in. All he cares about is how much money he can get for each appointment. He should retire.

|  Feeling blessed!  |  show details
by Jerri Allen on Nov 8th, 2013

After what I went through with my previous Nuero it was a blessing to find Dr. Leuchter. I have been his patient for 7 years and has even attended one of his seminars. His office staff are a bit well....let's just say they are office staff. I do expect great treatment from the entire office however as long as Dr. Leuchter continues to keep doing his best by me I feel like I am in good hands. He is very knowledgeable and very friendly. I can talk with him about anything and that works well for MS patients to be able to discuss life and current issues. I am the type of person that ask for what I want and demand good service so the staff doesn't bother me. If you need attention from the office staff then don't go. If you need a great knowledgeable doctor and could care less about their staff then Dr. Leuchter is your man!

Jul 23rd, 2013

Dr Leuchter is a nice doctor but his office is AWFUL! They always have voice mail when you call them, the staff never calls back and they have mixed up my forms several times. There are other quality physicians around with efficient and competent staff. I would not go to this office because you are not looking for a nice doctor-one needs a doctor/staff with great communication skills.

|  Fantastic Dr. for several family members  |  show details
by NJ on Apr 15th, 2013

Dr. Leuchter has cared for my Dad for many years. My Dad has a very complex set of diagnoses and their frequent hospitalizations and resulting dementia has been very heartbreaking for my family. Dr. Leutcher has been so knowledgeable and helpful as a physician, but has also been so supportive. He has called us at home and has even checked in with us while he was on vacation. He also treats me for migraines and is the first Dr. who has ever been able to make any progress and give me some relief from the pain. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sep 13th, 2012

After changing my appt twice. I waited for 40 mins. Had to cancel my appt because I was on my lunch break. Requested the Dr. call me since I was waiting for test results. He had his nurse call me and she couldn't even explain what the results meant and I never heard back from Dr. Leuchter. I am changing back to Henry Ford Neuro where I had direct contact with my doctor.

Sep 11th, 2012

Dr. Leuchter was incredible! He listened to my concerns, did a thorough examination and his nurse, Nancy was equally as pleasant. Dr. Leuchter eased my mind about my condition and the visit was wonderful.

Nov 8th, 2011

I love this doctor! He listens and cares!

|  Would Recommend  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

When I first started seeing Dr. Leuchter I did not care for him and I think the feeling was mutual. But over the years we have developed a mutual respect for one another. He is one of the few doctors that actually personally returns my phone calls. Initially he can be a little hard to take, but overall I like the thoroughness of his care regarding testing and referral if necessary. If you are a no nonsense person I would recommend, if you need a lot of coddling, this is not the doctor for you.

Jan 4th, 2011

Dr. Leutcher is a very through physician who is caring and knowledgable. My Father has been under his care for several years. Dr. Leutcher frequently calls my Father at home to check on him. We would highly recommend Dr. Leutcher

|  My bad apple  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2010

Started out great, but turned out to be awful! He was very competent with my testing and subsequent diagnosis. However, he called me at work to tell me I had MS. Completely unprofessional. Once I had a diagnosis and required fewer appointments, I became just another 'number' in the office. Stopped going and found a fabulous neuro. Guess you really do have to go through some bad apples to find a good one!

|  Caring & Kind!  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2010

My elderly mother was referred to Dr. Leuchter by her primary care physician, who has known Dr. Leuchter for some time. He maintained a wonderful bedside manner with my mother while being professional and addressing her medical concerns.

Jun 27th, 2010

Do not go to this doctor. He is very very arrogant and uncaring. He does not listen to you. He has his usual treatment and you had better not question him. Don't waste your time.

|  Dr. Leutcher Only Cares About Your $$!!!  |  show details
by RMD on Jun 12th, 2010

He was so arrogant and rude! I can't believe how little he cared about me. I've heard the same thing from other people too. It was as if he only cared about taking my money and insurance.Do not go to him if you want proper care!

Dec 15th, 2009

I accompanied my mother on visits to this doctor. He addressed most of his questions to me and spoke in a condescending manner to her. He made sure she kept seeing him after he had forgotten the initial reason she first went to him. My mother had to remind him that she'd had a stroke.

|  totally awesome!  |  show details
by Linda Brooks on May 14th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Leutcher's for 16 years. He is very knowledgeable, has great bedside manner, nice, polite, friendly and understands what I've been going thru. He never hesitates to guide me in the right direction when it comes to my wellness. I trust him with my life. He's given me back my life and was there for me when I wasn't feeling well. He has been by my side thru good times and in bad and I love him.Linda BrooksMS patient for 16 years.

|  Lack of concern  |  show details
by boomer9790 on May 14th, 2009

Does not read your medical records "as a rule"Tried to tell doctor about my condition and was told! "I didnt ask about that did I" This doctor showed very little concern for my conditions and did not do a complete examination!

|  Caring Doc  |  show details
by Wendy on Jan 7th, 2009

Dr. Leuchter is the most caring, warm, knowledgeable doctor I've ever encountered! He saved my life, and I look forward to seeing him at every check-up.