Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist
6300 Hospital Pkwy
Ste 400
Duluth, GA 30097
678-205-4261
Locations and availability (9)

2.5

|  great doctor  |  show details
by ron on Jan 22nd, 2014

he has been able to keep me moving for over 15 years I was able to work up and till 4 years AGO GREAT STAFF also

|  Arrogant  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2013

Arrogant, self serving, no bedside manner whatsoever. Didn't seem willing to try to find solution for adequate diagnosis & pain management plan. He asked if I was asking my psych for pain meds...what was that about???I felt I had to prompt him to try to diagnose by giving him genetic issues..Not a good pain management specialist. More concerned about # of patients he was to herd thru office. He acted like I was a pest.

|  Three visits, each longer than an hour  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2011

I have visited Dr Lichtenfeld thrice. Everytime I had to wait for more than 90 minutes. Recently I needed an appointment at short notice and had to take that with his Nurse practitioner. When I visited him after 4 weeks for a follow-up appointment, I had to wait for more than 2 hours and then same nurse came and told me that she will took care of me as Dr Tichtenfeld is too busy :-( upon my insistence I did get to see Dr Lichtenfeld, but only for 5 minutes. Next time I will go to a doctor who has time to hear me properly.

Dec 7th, 2011

I read reviews about this MD on this site and was concerned. However, after my first visit, I have only a good impression of his care. He was thorough, explained what needed explaining, and treated me respectfully. I had a couple frustrating experiences getting appointments with pain specialists before this was scheduled and this was a wonderful contrast. I am happy to have him manage my pain. Already, there is a difference in my pain level and my appointment was two days ago.

|  Terrible  |  show details
May 7th, 2011

Dr. Lichtensfeld. I was diagnosed with a split disk and referred to him for pain management. He walked into the the room and sat down on his laptop. Then he told me he had looked at my MRI and that it wasn't bad. I should take 10 days of anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxants and get active and running. Yes, that solved the problem. 1 year on, my herniated disk has gotten worse and I know why. I was not educated on what "not" to do with my condition. He didn't bother telling me. In fact I categorically remember asking him is there anything I shouldn't do and his answer was "no". Umm "hello". Herneated disk 101 says teach patient proper sitting technique, tell him not to bend and pick up things, etc etc. I know he is not supposed to teach me but he should have referred me somewhere. A simple 15 minute tutorial would have prevented my current condition "annular disk tear". Yes, I could/should have done my research bu when your doctor says "do anything"....Stay away. And in general stay away from Southern Orthopedics. They suck.

Feb 19th, 2011

I have been seeing Lichtenfeld for a year now and after the experience of other pain management doctors, I love him. He is a great doctor, I get back to see him quickly and he spends a great deal of time going over my progression. He actually seems to care and goes out of his way to get me out of pain. My only complaint is the women up front are very rude and impersonal. Plus it takes forever to get an appointment. I think he would be better if he fired all the up front ladies. But him and his PA are excellent.

|  Horrible doctor  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2010

Saw him for back pain. Waiting 90 minutes saw him for 5. He said I had muscle problem gave me two scripts. Left me in agony on the exam table unable to get up. Got second opinion and MRI showed herniated disc needing surgery. Incompetent arrogant and rude. Worst doctor have ever seen

Feb 1st, 2009

Very impersonal and poor bedside manner. Is more interested in typing your notes than he is making eye contact and actually talking with you about what's going on and acting like he gives a crap. I would not recommend him.