Dr. William Livingston DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

May 18th, 2016
Dr Livingston
Dr Livingston has been my UC Dr since 2001. He correctly diagnosed my illness after I had been told by others that I only had hemorrhoids. Since being in his care, I've felt better and had fewer episodes of flare-ups. I highly recommend him.

January 31st, 2014
his nurse is a nightmare
I respect Dr. Livingston for his kindness and caring. Initially I got the impression that he was not sure of himself but have come to believe that he genuinely appreciates the knowledge a patient has of him/her self. In my experience, he allows the patient's "story" to be an important part of the visit. This, I think, is not at all common among doctors. Often, the doctor's "expertise" drowns out the patient's plea for help, leaving him or her an innocent victim and not a participant in her treatment. As I said, one of the first things he did was to show care. He came near to me during a procedure for the purpose of distracting me from the discomfort which might have felt during that particular part of the procedure. I would recommend him to others.

November 15th, 2013
Nurse Made Me Cry, Doctor Not Much Better
Dr. Livingstone's nursing staff is arrogant and ignorant. They told me that in eight years of working there, they have never heard of conditions/testing that I need regarding malabsorption, antibodies that destroy your gut mucosa, and neurological manifestations of Celiac Disease that Shelly from The Celiac Sprue Association described to me, among others. Dr. Livingstone himself was also unhelpful, and was criticized by another specialist I have since seen for not running more testing on me per my symptoms. (He only tested for lactose intolerance and Celiac Disease.) He dismisses things (as does his nurse) that he is ignorant of by saying, "I have never heard of it," and that is the end of the conversation. For example, he had never heard of symptoms that were on my handout regarding Celiac Disease from Shelly, nor was he open to discussing medical journal articles. The first time I spoke with his nurse on the phone, she was so harsh and condescending that she made me cry. The rest of the conversations have been no better. The nutritionist, Karisa, is amazing and kind. I will miss her. I tried to be understanding and give them a chance (maybe they had a bad day or I was having a bad day), however, I can't take it anymore and am getting a new GI doctor.

June 20th, 2013
The doctor was okay but his nurse is very rude. I will not go see this Dr again because Amy has been extremely difficult to work with.

June 17th, 2013
RN
This is a physician that actually remembers your name and history without looking at the chart. He is competant, caring and his staff is the same. He has time for questions and does not act like he is in a hurry.I have referred other professionals to him and as nurses, we are perhaps more critical of healthcare provides. Dr Livingston is an ethical and proficient practioner.

May 11th, 2011
Absolutely one of the best
Dr. Livingston just performed and upper GI endoscopy and a full colonoscopy on me yesterday and he was outstanding. Very caring manner, easy to talk to, spent a reasonable amount of time with me and my wife answering questions. Overall I was very pleased with him, his assistants, and the staff at MGI. I will go to him for all future procedures of this type and recommend him fully to others.