Dr. William Lopez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 16th, 2016
My father was a patient
Dr. Lopez treated my father with care and kindness. He provided good advice and appropriate treatment.

July 7th, 2016
Dr. Lopez is a great internist, very good about explaining problems, he makes things happen very fast, then he calls to follow up. When ever we are here visiting from out of state, I can get in to see him. Have been seeing him for about four years.

November 22nd, 2015
God Complex
Not good, thinks he is better and smarter than you and doesn't care what you have to say. He seems like a miserable human, and easy to offend. Don't waste your money or time.

June 19th, 2014
I USE TO PRAISE THIS DOCTOR - NO MORE!
DR. LOPEZ AND HIS STAFF HAVE DECLINED IN PATIENT CARE, ATTENTION TO DETAILS, RESPONSE TIMES AND NOW SEEM TO HAVE AN OVERALL LACK OF INTEREST. MY HUSBAND PRESENTED WITH HIGH STOMACH PAINS IN VISITS TO DR. LOPEZ. BOTH TIMES HE DISCOUNTED ANY CONCERN - SAYING IT WAS PROBABLY ACID REFLUX. PRESCRIBED NOTHING. WITHIN A SHORT TIME, I WAS RUSHING MY HUSBAND TO THE ER WHERE HE HAD EMERGENCY SURGERY FOR PANCREATITIS THAT WAS VERY SEVERE AND HE WAS EXTREMELY SICK AND IN TERRIBLE PAIN. HE HAD A STONE CAUGHT IN THE DUCT TO HIS PANCREAS. HE COULD HAVE DIED. I AM VERY SAD THIS HAS BEEN LOPEZ'S RATHER POOR STYLE OF CARE OVER THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS. I NO LONGER THINK DR. LOPEZ LISTENS TO PATIENT CONCERNS - HE DOWNPLAYS ANYTHING. I AM SEEKING ANOTHER PHYSICIAN FOR MY MAJOR DOCTOR. HE SHOUL;D BE ASHAMED OF WHAT HE HAS BECOME.

December 3rd, 2013
excellent doctor
I've been a patient of Dr. William Lopez for many years. He is a very intelligent man. I agree with the review above. He isn't a pill pusher and I appreciate that. He has been very honest with me about my health conditions etc. and what I need to do to improve them. He spends as much time as needed addressing questions etc. I did not find his behavior any different at Aspen Glow, actually the staff at Aspen Glow , I found to be very unprofessional. Dr. Lopez is a true, dedicated professional where ever he practices.

October 13th, 2013
Best Internist
My experience with Dr. Lopez, over the past two plus years, has been much better than my expectations, having no major illness, but a lot of minor maintenance for the aging process, he has review my past history, reduced the number of maintenance medicines needed to stay with parameters of the testing vs just adding another maintenance medicine just in case - this I appreciate, knowing he care enough to talk and review cases without just looking at one symptom. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

October 9th, 2013
Feeling violated and frustrated
He didn't listen to the symptoms I was having (including chest pain, and full body muscle and join pain). He made me feel stupid for even coming in even though later I found out it was serious enough to go to the hospital for. He also volunteered to do a pap smear, which I felt weird about, but I was due for one, so I said ok to it. But then he didn't explain what was going on and made me really uncomfortable. Then he gave me a rectal exam! I did not consent to it and I was asking him why and if it was necessary when he just roughly did it! I'm 28 years old, female, no bowl problems. I've talked to other doctors and they said there was no need for it and didn't know why he would do it. I left his office feeling incredibly violated and frustrated. He gave me no advice about my health, no attempt to figure it out further. He reluctantly agreed to recommend a basic blood test.

August 3rd, 2012
I've been seeing Dr. Lopez for several years and cannot be more pleased with his style and the care and advice I've received. He is clearly well educated and has many year's of experience and experiences, I fully trust his findings and recommendations. He is not a "pill pusher" but supported life style changes to address high cholesterol. I feel Dr. Lopez is the key physcian on my personal health management teamI've had to wait in his office at times probably due to his taking extra time with other patients.

February 7th, 2011
He actually takes time with you
I was very fortunate to have him as my physician only for a year before I had to move but I was very happy with his bedside manner, professionalism and sincere interest in MY wellbeing. I liked that he let me ask questions so I better understood things and he also explained things in a clear layman's terms.

September 15th, 2010
Excellent Doctor!
Dr. William Lopez is an excellent doctor. I have been going to him since 2004. I would say he is one of most caring octor's I have ever been to. He is a very knowledgeable man.He has seen me through various types of illness etc. He has given me excellent treatment. I do highly recommend Dr. William Lopez to friends , family etc.

July 16th, 2010
Best physician I've had in my 25 years in the area.
Dr. Lopez is thorough, professional, and caring. I have referred several friends who concur. As long as he's in practice, he's my MD!

June 26th, 2010
I had a bad experience with him when he was at Alpenglo. He seemed under pressure and very unhappy working there. Heard he was a good doc but this day he was rude and unprofessional when I needed him to address a medical concern I had. Time was running out because he spent so much time on my 'new patient' status. He starting slamming things around ordering me up on the exam table. I started crying and when a friend tried to intervene he told her to sit down and be quiet. I don't think under any circumstances a physician should treat a person that way.