Neurological Surgeons
Orlando Neurosurgery
1605 W Fairbanks Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789
407-975-0200
Locations and availability (8)

|  Dr. Lu  |  show details
by Dolores Kenworthy on May 31st, 2014

In the year 2004 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. My primary doctor (I found out in months to come) had basically written me off. I was refered to Dr Lu who performed the surgery . Today I was able to spend quality time with my 4 month old grandson. This would not have been possible without the efforts and knowledge of Dr Lu.

|  Wonderful and Caring Doctor  |  show details
by Anna Diesem on Apr 21st, 2014

Doctor Lu is a wonderful doctor. I had several surgeries from him including hydrocephalus and spine. He saved my life. My family and I are very appreciative for all his work. All this negative news on him are false. He explained to me that the spine procedure was experimental and I signed a waiver. I hope he returns to work and I will continue to see him as my doctor.

|  Dr. Lu is a wonderful doctor!  |  show details
by Hope Macpherson on Apr 3rd, 2014

I have had brain surgery and neck surgery both performed by Dr. Lu. My family and I all agree that Dr Lu saved my life. I have never felt so comfortable with a doctor. After my brain surgery he followed up with me every couple months and he did the same after I had the fusion on my neck done. I REFUSE to see another doctor! He has the best bedside manner. I remember waking up from having a seizure and he was the 1st person I saw telling me i was going to be okay and I am. I feel that if you are told you are having a "experimental surgery" then that is on you! You should know that you probably have a 50/50 shot at it working, thats why it experimental! I dont believe Dr. Lu deserves this and I hope he gets the chance to practice again.

|  very favorable  |  show details
by Faith Parmet on Apr 2nd, 2014

I am getting really upset with all these negative and attorneys finding fault with Dr.Lu. THIS MAN SAVED MY LIFE ALMOST 8 YEARS AGO. Him and his staff still keep up on my brain MRI's every year. I think all these attorneys need to find out HOW MANY LIVES THIS MAN SAVED!!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent!!

|  Dynamic Stabilization of the Spine  |  show details
by Jennifer Moser on Mar 11th, 2014

Florida Hospital Medical Group 900 Winderley Place, Suite 1400 Maitland, Florida 32751 February 19, 2014 I received your letter dated 2/14/14 in reference to Dr. Lu and the procedure “Dynamic Stabilization of the Spine” that he performed on me in the past. I am so upset about your decision to not allow Dr. Lu to perform this surgery. I have selected the best Neurosurgeon in Dr. Lu starting in 1998 when I developed a herniated disc. He has been with me through some very serious problems that could have left me in a debilitating state for life. After going to the Laser Spine Center in Tampa twice for 2 ”magical” surgeries that did nothing for my pain in my back and left me totally disappointed , I came back to Dr. Lu. We discussed my spinal stenosis and my degenerative disc disease. We talked about all the alternatives and my abilities to do the things in my everyday life and some occasional activities such as gardening and playing outside with my grandchildren. I was offered the rod and screws but I chose the anchors and cabling because I thought it would give me the mobility to do what I wanted to do. I was right and so was Dr. Lu. I am in my garden now practically every day and during spring break, I’ll be able to do all sorts of outside activities with my grandkids. Recently I was having a problem with L1 on my spine causing severe pain on my left leg. The nerves were going crazy and we discussed that Dr. Lu was not allowed to grandfather me in on my much needed surgery to connect L1to L2 with anchors and cabling. We came up with 3 epidurals with 2 injections on either side of the spine every 2 weeks for a total of six injections. It worked and I pray it stays that way for a very long time. If it doesn’t, I don’t want to think that I can’t have the surgery that I had been allowed to have at the hospital who is now saying that I can’t have my surgeon perform “Dynamic Stabilization of the Spine” because of protocols not being followed. I always felt that Dr. Lu had been honest and above board on all things concerning my welfare as his patient. I also thought that Florida Hospital was also concerned about what they could do to provide the most up to date procedures and the best physicians they could find. Florida Hospital did provide those benefits, but now they won’t. This saddens me. I will be honest with you in that wherever Dr. Lu is allowed to do this procedure, I will follow him to the ends of the earth, if need be. I think you have made a major mistake by not letting Dr. Lu do his procedure and I won’t be keeping my appointment with Dr. Rosen of the same Neuro-surgery group on 2/27/14. I prefer to wait and see if Dr. Lu will find another venue that will recognize Dr. Lu as a pioneer in the creation of the “Dynamic Stabilization of the Spine” and who will accept and promote his amazing tech-nique. I am a believer in Dr. Lu and his surgical skills.

|  Dr. Lu saved my life as well as my neck  |  show details
by Lynn Maurine on Mar 4th, 2014

Dr Lu has been in local news recently as being investigated because of an "experimental" surgery he has been performing at Florida Hospital for many years. He performed this surgery on me in Sept of 2012 between c2 and c7 in my cervical spine. I was 69 years old at the time. This surgery has changed the way I live. I am grateful beyond words. Don't believe everything you hear. This man deserves accolades not law suits

|  Dr. Lu is a wonderful person and a great surgeon  |  show details
by Rudy Griffin on Mar 2nd, 2014

I have a back that is completely worn out. Dr. Lu fused four vertebras. After two years he put anchors in four more vertebras and joined these with woven sutures to allow me flexibility. Now after four years three vertebras has shifted in my lumbar and one is pushing the nerve. He recommend putting in a rod and tying my vertebras to it which will give me a stiff back. Dr. Lu is polite, and explains my condition, and offers two methods to remedy my problem. He is friendly and shows me how he will do the procedure. I fully trust him to do what is best. He will always do what is beneficial and practical. He leaves orders for the nurses and therapist and trust them to do their jobs. He comes in to see how the patient is doing and leaves. I do not expect him to stand at my bed and socialize for 30 minutes. I am now 75 yrs. old. Dr. Lu is a fine doctor and his desire is to find new and better procedures to help hurting patients. Perhaps some people do not understand this and unhappy because he cannot stop their pain. I have pain too, but it is not due to Dr. Lu's experimental work, nor is it due in other people.

|  Neck Surgery  |  show details
by Phyllis Luck on Jan 28th, 2014

I had my neck operated on by Dr Lu in 2010. I had two choices , the experimental sugery by Dr Lu or he could fuse six vertabraes which would mean I would not be able to turn my head (not an option I would choose). I still experience some pain and stiffness, but nothing compared to what I had prior to the surgery. I just wish that I had known that I could not get followup care for my neck from Dr Lu at the time I had the surgery.

|  Mrs  |  show details
by Jennifer M on Nov 25th, 2013

I appreciated Dr.Lu's suggestion to have fusion with titanium anchors and cabeling. I had the surgery connecting L2 to L3, L3 to L4 & L4 to L5. Everything was fantastic 1-1/2 yrs later. Somehow I did someting to L1 which caused nerve pain to my left thigh starting in the groin area. I am in the process of getting my 3rd epidural because Florida Hospital won't allow Dr. Lu to use anchors & cabeling connecting L1 to L2 beleive it or not; for financial reasons & those reasons do not benefit nor harm Dr. Lu.

|  Worst kind of butcher  |  show details
by Screwed 4 Life on Aug 13th, 2013

This quack performs failed spine surgeries over & over again ruining peoples lives. NEVER allow him to do a discectomy without allograft & fusion as the disc space will collapse. Apparently he does this all the time to force a second surgery on patients in an effort to get paid twice. He's been sued for Malpractice more than once and settled out of court numerous times. (look it up). He is rude, arrogant with an extreme God complex. When confronted about performing a failed spine surgery he blames the patient & asks why he should help you. He is the worst kind of Butcher there is. DO NOT SEE HIM FOR ANYTHING. He has destroyed my life.

|  Excellent Dr  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2012

If you are looking for warm fuzzies, he may not be who you need. If you are looking for a professional doctor you can trust, Dr Lu is the best you could ask for. Be prepared before you go with any questions you may have. He IS a caring individual who is mostly concerned with making the correct diagnosis and getting you healthy and well the best and least invasive way possible.

|  Poor Communicator  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2012

Dr. Lu has less than desireable bedside manor and has trouble stooping down to the level of his patients. He was both rude and unfriendly to my wife and myself. I would not recommend him.

|  Excellent choice for cervical fusions  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2011

My first consult with Dr. Lu he was very confident he could help me with my neck pain. His confidence won me over and Im so glad I chose him to do my surgery. Other people I know with the same surgery from other surgeons have never felt it helped them. I was able to do all the sports I used to for years after surgery on my neck. I highly recommend Dr. Lu.

|  Brain Surgeries  |  show details
by Dunlap on Aug 30th, 2010

My husband fell from a bucket truck and hit a medal out rigger to the truck. Dr Lu was the most amazing surgeon who operated on the two epidurals that had developed from the fall. His bed side manner is terrific and would gladly trust his judgement! Thank you for helping me keep my husband!

|  Outstanding Surgen  |  show details
by Matt P. on Feb 1st, 2010

Dr. Lu spends time explaining what your issue is and the options you have (as he sees it) to fix it. This, to me, is the most important part of the doctor/patient relationship. I would recommend Dr. Lu to anyone who asks.