Dr. William Lucht MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 29th, 2014
Dr. Lucht is good doctor
I was sent to Dr. Lucht for my asthma. He is a doctor who listens to his patients and tries to see the large picture. I never knew I had many lung nodules till I had some testing done requested by Dr. Lucht. Now I know what is causing my breathing issues. No other lung doctor ever thought to do a scan on my lungs.. I thank Dr. Lucht for finding my lung issues.. I have had lung issues since I was like 9 years old. I am now in my mid 50's and it took this one doctor to dig deep. I went to so many other pulmonary specialist over the years from San Diego to Alaska. My problems should have been found long ago but wasn't. I recommend Dr. Lucht all day long. Now, where I have my issue is with his PA (Terri).. She is great too, but watches my cpap use closely. I am a crappy patient when it comes time to wear it at night. I am getting better only because I have someone named Terri keeping up on what I am supposed to be doing, When I sleep with my cpap on I actually feel 80% . This Dr. and his staff are good. I would recommend them to anybody with lung and sleep issues.

February 24th, 2012
I would not be alive were it not for Dr. Lucht
The first words out of Dr. Lucht's mouth at my first appointment were, "I wish I had seen you ten years ago". I HAD seen an Anchorage pulmonologist ten years previous! Dr. Molnair, a cardiologist, diagnosed me with pulmonary hypertension and referred me to Dr. Lucht for treatment after I was referred to both of them by the Providence Emergency room. Dr. Lucht immediately sent me for a heart catheritization to confirm my diagnosis. Then at my first pulmonary function test, the respiration therapist called Dr. Lucht, alarmed that my blood oxygen was so low. I was sent directly to the oxygen provider and fitted with a Marathon liquid oxygen backpack and followed home by their truck, bringing a large canister of liquid oxygen and an oxygen concentrater.Dr. Lucht put me on two specialty pharmacy oral drugs along with quite a few others. My condition was so bad that when I asked what my life expectancy might be, he said one to one and a half years.It has now been over five years and I know that I would not be alive now were it not for Dr. Lucht's compassion and knowledge as a Christian pulmonologist. I feel much better now than I did then. I truly owe my life to him and I know he is just as compassionent with all of his patients.I would recommend him to anyone with pulmonary disease.

June 28th, 2011
I have been to Dr. Lucht's office twice now. I have yet to see him. I was told he only sees the "critical" patients, yet when I met with the PA-C, I was told my O2 sats at night were of extreme concern. I would like to find a different doctor in town, one who will actually see his/her patients.

May 23rd, 2011
When dealing with this doctor I've found that it is of no concern to him how the patient is actually feeling, just that he get to his next appointment. Decisions are made without the patient being told.I suggest if you go to Dr. Lucht that your ONLY diagnosis be dealing with your lungs. If you have ANY other serious conditions you will not be satisfied or taken care of by him.

January 7th, 2009
Dr. Lucht is an exceptional physician; I recommend him wthout reservation. He listens to and cares about his patients. He called me personally several times to give me results of testing so that I would not worry...few physicians have treated me with such respect and compassion.