Internists, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs), Sleep Medicine Specialist
Video profile
Airport Heights
2741 Debarr Rd
Ste 307
Anchorage, AK 99508
907-646-2230
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  I would not be alive were it not for Dr. Lucht  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2012

The first words out of Dr. Lucht's mouth at my first appointment were, "I wish I had seen you ten years ago". I HAD seen an Anchorage pulmonologist ten years previous! Dr. Molnair, a cardiologist, diagnosed me with pulmonary hypertension and referred me to Dr. Lucht for treatment after I was referred to both of them by the Providence Emergency room. Dr. Lucht immediately sent me for a heart catheritization to confirm my diagnosis. Then at my first pulmonary function test, the respiration therapist called Dr. Lucht, alarmed that my blood oxygen was so low. I was sent directly to the oxygen provider and fitted with a Marathon liquid oxygen backpack and followed home by their truck, bringing a large canister of liquid oxygen and an oxygen concentrater.Dr. Lucht put me on two specialty pharmacy oral drugs along with quite a few others. My condition was so bad that when I asked what my life expectancy might be, he said one to one and a half years.It has now been over five years and I know that I would not be alive now were it not for Dr. Lucht's compassion and knowledge as a Christian pulmonologist. I feel much better now than I did then. I truly owe my life to him and I know he is just as compassionent with all of his patients.I would recommend him to anyone with pulmonary disease.

Jun 28th, 2011

I have been to Dr. Lucht's office twice now. I have yet to see him. I was told he only sees the "critical" patients, yet when I met with the PA-C, I was told my O2 sats at night were of extreme concern. I would like to find a different doctor in town, one who will actually see his/her patients.

May 23rd, 2011

When dealing with this doctor I've found that it is of no concern to him how the patient is actually feeling, just that he get to his next appointment. Decisions are made without the patient being told.I suggest if you go to Dr. Lucht that your ONLY diagnosis be dealing with your lungs. If you have ANY other serious conditions you will not be satisfied or taken care of by him.

Feb 17th, 2011

Not a good experience with this Doctor.

by Rebecca W on Jan 7th, 2009

Dr. Lucht is an exceptional physician; I recommend him wthout reservation. He listens to and cares about his patients. He called me personally several times to give me results of testing so that I would not worry...few physicians have treated me with such respect and compassion.