inactive

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

August 16th, 2016
Botched nerve block
It's been nearly 3 yrs since Dr. Lyman performed a nerve block on my lower leg when I had an Achilles repaired and I still suffer with a 70% numb foot and about 30% of my original leg strength. My entire life as dramatically changed. I went from playing basketball 3 times a week to barely running a jog. I was introduced to the nerve block 5 minutes prior to going under for my surgery. I was promised it was a routine procedure and all would be ok. Weeks after the surgery my foot remained numb, after several EMG tests it was determined there was nerve damage in the exact location where the nerve block was performed. Now my life of activity is greatly reduced because the nerve block was improperly administered. There is no recourse because doctors in Utah are free of negligence if they can claim they performed the procedure per the text book. Never mind that I am worse off after the surgery than before. Dr Lyman damaged my nerves when he performed the nerve block and now I will suffer a life time of a 70% numb foot which means I wake up several times a night because my foot has spasms and it cramps. There is no longer peaceful nights of sleep. The worst part of having a numb foot, I feel like I am walking on rocks all of the time, this sensation has never gone away. Every step reminds of my botched nerve block and the incompetence of Dr. Lyman. Oh, by the way, I was told the nerves could regenerate themselves after 1 or 2 yrs, if they regenerate all. Apparently, my nerves aren't regenerating and I have a life time to live with it. Dr. Lyman is a nice guy, however he botched my procedure and I will have major foot discomfort my entire life. Lucky me!