Dr. William Lyon MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 25th, 2010
Kind and Caring
I went to Dr Lyons for a second opinion about a recommended hand surgery. He was kind, caring, took time to explain and deal with my doubts. One of his most enjoyable attribute is his warm sense of humor. When I left I was better able to make a decision about the surgery than before I came in. He went out of his way to make me feel confident in my own doctor. Before I went to see him I read the up-tight review on this page and thought I would probably like Dr Lyons very much. I was right.

October 15th, 2009
Made me like new again!
When I had a serious fracture in my leg, he was able to schedule a surgery for me next-day. Lots of time spent answering questions! When I had the hardware removed later (in a different city, I moved), the doctor told me that it was the best work he had seen. He's got a quirky sense of humor, (sort of sarcastic), but the work is top notch. I hope I never need him again, but I would go back in a heartbeat!

April 20th, 2009
Dr. William C. Lyon - Very unprofessional and will take my business elsewhere
I saw this Dr. twice and after both encounters, I left the office feeling quite upset. Dr. Lyon's demeanor is quite unprofressional. He responded to me several times with inappropriate comments. He had not reviewed my MRI reports prior and hadn't even looked at the film, explaining that he didn't need to. He made a comment about me having to come back to the office when he had a more complete report, so that he "could make as much money off of me as he could." For whatever this is worth, I had to post something, in the off chance that someone reviews these posts looking for an orthpedic surgeon. This man may have been in the business for 40 years, but he sure lacks respect for people, is rude and cavalier in his "humor", and is plain unprofessional.

April 5th, 2017