Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor, Sports Medicine Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.5

|  Doctor...Really?  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2013

I should have researched him before handing over a $20 co-pay to see this doctor(?). I mean, yes, he has the title. Yet he almost seems like a fraud... as if he doesn't really know what he's doing so he does the bare minimum and sends you on your way before you discover his ineptness. My visit was very similar to some of the other postings from patients so it bears repeating. I seriously wanted a refund for that quackery.

|  Top 5 Reasons Why I Fired Dr. W. Michael Hart  |  show details
May 22nd, 2013

Aren’t we lucky to have a marketplace with more options than this physician? By no stretch of the imagination am I a militant consumer, but my experience with Dr. Michael Hart at Carolina Sports Medicine & Family Practice just about drove me over the cliff. Enjoy here my top five reasons why I had to kick him to the curb. 5) Most physicians use their hands AND their brains to examine a patient. Not here folks. If you want a doctor who will fold his arms and stand five feet away from you during the entire visit, CHEERS – this is your guy. I was Dr. Hart’s patient for about a year. Even though he recently diagnosed me with an unexpected lifelong disease, Dr. Hart didn’t lay a hand on me during subsequent visits. Nothing. No physical examination at all. 4) Dr. Hart ordered an ultrasound to evaluate this newly diagnosed disease. But did he review the actual images? Nope. Did he discuss the results with the radiologist? Never. Girl, please. When I asked why, he said, “I’m not trained to evaluate ultrasounds. I just read the radiologist’s report.” (Seriously. That’s a direct quote. Word-for-word. Hey guess what Michael? I audio-recorded our final, crappy appointment with my iPhone!) 3) Oh, you want another direct quote? When discussing this newly diagnosed disease, Dr. Hart tells me, “I mean, there’s really no urgency to treat this. It’s not life-threatening you know.” (Thanks for the compassionate care. I guess those “for the good of my patients” portions of the Hippocratic Oath didn’t stick.) 2) I asked for a recent set of lab results to be mailed to me. Despite calling three times to follow up, they took three weeks to get it in the mail. THREE WEEKS. When I stopped by their office to pick up a different set of lab results, the receptionist said that I wasn’t allowed to have them because they “hadn’t been released by Dr. Hart yet.” Wait, what? I’ve paid for this lab work and it was conducted on my blood! I’m dumbfounded. 1) I brought a small scrap of paper with a few questions on it to our last visit. I was so disappointed to get mostly the following replies: “No,” “I’m not sure,” “Eh, probably,” and “Not that I’m aware of.” Did he offer to refer me to another physician or do some homework to get additional information? No. And as icing on the cake, I closed our appointment with, “Well. Do you have any additional questions for me?” After reading this review, I’m betting you can now guess what his answer was….

|  Great doctor  |  show details
May 13th, 2013

Too often people go to a doctor for pain meds, antibiotics or other unnecessary reasons instead of going to be evaluated. Everyone wants a quick fix. Dr. Hart took the time to explain my diagnosis and gave me treatment options. His staff is very friendly as well.

|  Are there MD's that truly care about their patients  |  show details
by Derek A on Mar 22nd, 2013

I liked Carolina Family Practice from 2006-2009 in Cary but over the past few years they have really gotten away from caring about their patients and engaging about health concerns specifically in Holly Springs. I went in for the flu several months ago and was inaccurately diagnosed with a cold and a few days later, on Saturday, I went to nearby urgent care facility who provided me much better care and properly diagnosed me with the flu. Recently my wife went in to be seen for health issues she is experiencing and the Dr. did not show interest in her health concerns and marginally engaged her to diagnosis the problems she continues to experience. She felt like she was having to drag questions and answers from him. Furthermore, she was extremely insulted with his attitude and a particular unwarranted remark during the visit. Needless to say no one in our family will return to this practice but where do we find the good Family Practice Dr's that care about patients and medicine???

|  Lousy Doctor  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2012

Everyone from the front office staff to the nurse were warm and friendly unitl I met Dr. Hart. It took him 5 minutes to examine and diagnose me. He told me I need to go to a physical therapist. Although I told him my back and shoulder were hurting he didn't order xrays or an mri. Nor did he prescribe anything for the pain or make suggestions on what I could do at home to eliviate the pain until I saw a physical therapist as he suggested. Too many doctors out there to settle for this guy.

|  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

Just a factory! You can get better service from WebMD. I have been going here for over 4 years. I should have stopped 3-1/2 years ago. Unless you are the very first patient, expect to wait at least a 1/2 hour, in the afternoon tack on at least another 15 minutes more. You've heard the cliche but it is totally true when I say this place is just a factory. It makes no difference who you see ( I've seen, Hart, Blount, Leininger, Harrison and Robertson) they want you in and out as quickly as possible and will only address the issues they feel comfortable with while blowing off those that would actually require diagnosis. My last visit, Dr. No Hart would hardly address more than one problem I was having. He said I would have to make another appointment because the Insurance company would not cover multiple problems in one visit. Yes, HMOs and such are a problem but I was literally in there for 8 minutes before he blew me off. A true doctor would have at least taken another 7 minutes to address what could potentially be serious issues. It's places like this that are just as guilty as the Insurance companies for destroying health care in this country.

|  uncaring attitude and short with patients  |  show details
by Anonymous on Jul 3rd, 2010

When searching for a doctor after relocating, I came across Dr. Hart. His attitude both visits frankly offended me. He completely dismissed my symptoms each visit, telling me to "wait and see" if the problem got better! When trying to obtain a refill for a medication, he prescribed an antidepressant drug instead and never thought to follow up about it on the next visit. He likely didn't even look at my medical history. Dr. Hart was very brief, quiet, and continuously asked "will that be all?" without showing any concern for his patient's wellbeing and without providing any answers or help. He definitely doesn't take time to address each patient as an individual. In fact, he made me feel as though I was pestering him the entire 3 minutes he spent with me. Not the kind of persona I would prefer in a doctor.