Dr. William Hayes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 18th, 2016
Former Patient
Do not go to Dr. William Hayes for a torn meniscus. He realigns your knee cap unnecessarily. I asked several times that he only do the repair on the meniscus, but he insisted over and over again that a knee cap alignment would be easily done at the same time. I made it clear that I did not have any pain in my knee only the back where the meniscus was torn. He said that any woman my age (over 55) that had worn heels needs a realignment and that I would thank him for it. It turned out to be a difficult recovery (which he said the recovery was the same) as you go home with drainage tubes after a realignment unlike no tubes for the meniscus repair. It changed my life as my knee has gotten worse and come to find out this is not the norm for the industry. Avoid going to Dr. Hayes - if I could back time!! Stay away - would love to know how many others have had to endure this unnecessary procedure.

September 1st, 2016
My family have seen Dr. Hayes since 1996. He is an incredible doctor and his entire practice associates and staff are the best. I would only go to his office for any type of orthopedic problems. He takes time to actually listen to you and never rushes you. He has performed three different surgeries on myself and knee surgery on my daughter. I trust him completely even if we have to be referred to a specialist.

March 18th, 2015
Do not use this physician!! Warning!

November 5th, 2013
Due diligence for shoulder injury/pain
Shoulder injury patients please do your homework. Beware that this dr. is a knee and general ortho surgeon - he does NOT specialize in shoulders! The appt.s at this office will set you up to see this dr. if you have a shoulder injury or shoulder pain, and he will perform short examination and give false diagnosis - difficult for him to answer questions. Then they will charge your insurance $$$$, Most importantly, he does not specialize in shoulders. He is courteous and good bedside manner even though he appears rushed to get in and out. But courtesy does NOT equal accurate science and experience! Perhaps good for knees but NOT shoulders. If they were NO stars for diagnosis, that's what it should be.