Dr. William Hogan MD Patient Reviews

• Medical Oncology Ventura, CA

• Good
  • Bad

July 24th, 2015
I was new to the Ventura so I did not know any doctors. I needed to have surgery and I found Dr Hogan. He performed the surgery and his staff continued to follow-up and check on me. I quickly recovered and everything turned out great

February 17th, 2015
PT review
Dr Hogan is an excellent Doctor , he explains everything in detail, takes your concerns seriously, excellent surgeon, is kind and considerate, I would recommend him and rate his care as well as knowledge as excellent.

February 10th, 2013
Great experience!
Dr. Hogan is a wonderful surgeon. Dr. Hogan, his office staff and the general surgery residents at cottage hospital made my first surgery experience as comfortable as possible. I would highly recommend Dr. Hogan to anyone looking for a skilled and caring surgeon.

September 14th, 2011
Great surgeon and nothing else
Dr. Hogan's bedside manner is horrible. He did not explain my condition/diagnosis or procedure clearly. When I asked questions he treated me like I was a drooling child. On the day of my surgery he never met with me prior to the table to discuss things with me. He was late and was waiting for "me" to show up in the operating room. I only saw him for 5 minutes on the table before they put me out. I never saw him for followup or discharge in the hospital. When I woke up after my surgery I was bleeding a lot, and no one ever told me that would happen, so to wake up bleeding was scary. He definitely needs to work on his communication with his patients. Sure I may not have been that big of a problem, just a simple large cyst, but for me it was scary and my worries should have been put to rest. There were many other things that happened along the way that I wont rant about here.

August 13th, 2011
an angel on earth
Dr Hogan is the best surgeon and his honesty and passion for cancer pts. shines through. I feel my recovery went better because of his knowledge and his concern for my well being.I would highly recommend him and if I ever need surgery again i would choose him.

October 7th, 2010
Dr. Hogan is worthy of the utmost admiration and respect for his knowledge as a doctor, but more for his sincere compassion that he shows his patients. He was my mother's surgeon before he moved to California. When he finished my mother's surgery, he took the time before going to his next patient to find me and to reassure me that my mother would be fine. When he performed surgery on me, I had no health insurance. When he discovered this, he instructed his office not to send me a bill. How many surgeons do you know who would do this ?Dr. Hogan is the epitome of what a doctor should be and all that the medical profession was meant to stand for. May God always bless and keep him well and give him all the happiness in the world because there is nobody like him.

September 17th, 2009
Never read my medical history
I had to fill out at least 5 pages of medical history. When he finally met with me, his flipped thru the pages. How can he possibly know my cancer and medical history by doing this. He seemed non-plussed, maybe based on my age? What a waste of money for a "specialist"

April 1st, 2009
Top Doctor
Dr. Hogan is the best doctor I have ever met. He is all one needs in a doctor, smart and caring. I highly recomend this Dr.

June 1st, 2017