A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Schiff:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Schiff, Ophthalmologist, Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schiff
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Schiff Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Schiff, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Laser Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Perforations
Education & Awards
Dr. Schiff graduated from New York University. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Schiff has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- New York Eye And Ear Infirmary
- Manhattan Eye Ear Throat Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Merril Schiff MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. William M. Schiff practice?
- Dr. William Schiff has 3 office locations.
Dr. William Schiff practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.