A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Macomber:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Macomber, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Macomber graduated from University of Rochester .
Dr. Macomber has 12 hospital affiliations:
- NSMC - Salem Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Macomber accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 13 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 14 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Cigna - 20 plans
- Humana - 6 plans