3.0

Worst Doctor, should lose his license. show details Worst Doctor, should lose his license.
by Aaron Richards on Apr 21st, 2016

Initially Mr. Mahoney was pleasant, asked us what was wrong, etc. the usual questions. We expressed our concern about our 15 month old daughter and he quickly dismissed them. Some discussion ensued about why he felt everything was okay and that he felt an xray would not help. We attempted to discuss how we felt about it and that maybe an xray was warranted, to which he, again, dismissed us. I mentioned that we had seen a chiropractor earlier that same day and paraphrased their diagnosis (something was definitely wrong with her hip) and to this he became visibly offended and offered his unsolicited opinion in that matter, which was that it was a waste of time seeing a chiropractor as they cannot do anything, they are useless. I personally disagree with his view and as he was sharing, I also shared my point of view and indicated that there are many people who would disagree with his view, starting with me. He was clearly upset by this and became aggressive towards me (while I am holding my 15 month old daughter) and as my wife watched, he came steadily closer until he was about 4 inches from my face with a very aggressive stare. I told him that we were done with him and that he could go. He continued to stare at me without movement and then said, you need to sign out. I asked him for what and he said the nurse needed our signature. I ignored him and left the building, leaving my wife to sign and pay. He followed her out as menacingly as he could to the front checkout. My wife began to complain about him and began to cry. The receptionist processed the paperwork and my wife came out to meet me, at this point, sobbing. I handed our daughter to her and went back inside to ask, quite loudly, how to file a formal complaint. The receptionist provided the contact information of the clinics administrator. We left the clinic to go home. I called the clinic administrator and left a voicemail with my contact information and a disgruntled messaged about her employee. I hope I receive a call back. If I don't, I will escalate directly to Sarasota Memorial Hospital. This person should be fired, Sarasota Memorial Hospital. Do your duty to your patients and terminate this staff member. He has violated the Doctors Code of Ethics, take his license, he does not deserve and has not earned the privilege of being among the many physicians who truly believe in what they are. Opinion 3.041 - Chiropractic It is ethical for a physician to associate professionally with chiropractors provided that the physician believes that such association is in the best interests of his or her patient. A physician may refer a patient for diagnostic or therapeutic services to a chiropractor permitted by law to furnish such services whenever the physician believes that this may benefit his or her patient. Physicians may also ethically teach in recognized schools of chiropractic. (V, VI) Ahem.

Sep 10th, 2015

Could hear him mocking me to the nurses. Had a smug attitude the whole 2 minutes he was with me. Was complaint about pain in my right ear he spent 98% of the time he was with me looking into my left ear

Ms. show details Ms.
by Carol on Dec 9th, 2014

Dr. Mahoney is one of the best, straight to the point with no running me around in circles about my symptoms and diagnosis. Definitely the best ER dr I have seen, gave me frequent and immediate updates about my results and I had a very pleasant time at the walk in clinic.

EXCELLENT DOCTOR show details EXCELLENT DOCTOR
Nov 2nd, 2014

Dr. Mahoney does not have a warm and fuzzy style yet he treated me for a deep skin infection making sure I got the right antibiotic without wasting my time or money. I would recommend this doctor for people who are afraid of doctors because he will get to the cure without a dog and pony show.

Poor excuse for a docter show details Poor excuse for a docter
Aug 5th, 2011

Went to ER with severe back trauma, had already one back surgery,Dr Mahoney saw me and made me feel like I was waisting his time,because I was unemployed with no insurance he told me quoat go home and save your money to see a neurosurgen, he is condescending,rude and the worst docter I have ever seen,I had to have him removed from my er room because his hostal attitude and he made me feel degraded and did not want to believe anything I would say until he saw my MRI,I had to have supervision get involved and filed a complaint with hospital, he also spent a signifigant ammount of time letting us know he was going blind,If you wind up at Sarasota memorial ER DO NOT LET THIS JERK NEAR YOU!!

What a JOKE show details What a JOKE
Jun 28th, 2010

Dont ever see this guy, his bedside manner is a JOKE, i went to SMH recently with abdominal issues, Mr Mahoney had seen be a year earlier for the same problem but had back then ran some tests, this time his response was that the situations the same we're not running all those tests again, go home and stop freaking out about it (exact words) and then they discharged me from the er .. i left that er and went to Doctors hospital a little ways down the road, i had a full examination ,xrays, blood work e,t.c. to find i had elevated lipase levels which is a sign of pancreatitis .... which i had already told Dr manhoney i had a history of.. BAD DR for judging me on a year ago !!!